“Fantastic place.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 80 restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
Holmfirth
“Fantastic place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went on a weekend at 2pm. It was really busy, and we had a 30 minute table wait
Riverside location, a few outside tables. Great buzzy atmosphere & top quality food, really fresh & tasty.
Excellent service, well recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
New York, New York, United States
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Bad service wrong entrees wait staff in rush to get you out so next person can sit, very nice location but they need to work o there people skills

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, New Jersey
“Only good thing about this place is the view.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

And the seafood chili appetizer. Excellent outside seating affords fantastic view of Mystic River and bridge, but the food is overpriced and average or below average. They cram as many tables as possible in there, and when the sun goes down, it's as dark as a cave. Woudn't go again

Visited August 2013
spoyster, Director of Sales at S & P Oyster Co, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review on our restaurant. On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for letting you down. It was certainly never our intention. If you would like to discuss your visit in further detail, I would be happy to speak to you. Many of our systems have been changed and updated from our guest’s perspective. However, we would understand your position on our establishment otherwise. Please find all of my direct contact information below. Safe travels-

Rachel Lenda
860-536-2674
rachel@sp-oyster.com
“Great food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

6 of us ate here including drinks for just under $200 and we ate well! Waitresses were friendly and attentive, despite it being very busy. Food was lovely and the creme brûlée was excellent. Would definitely visit again.
Parties larger than 4 cannot sit outside ( town law doesn't permit it) so this was a little disappointing but by no means the restaurants fault.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield Ma.USA
“S&P Fell short this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I were in Mystic celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary,we stopped at S&P for appetizers and a cocktail on Sunday afternoon,app's were delicious,service with Kristin great cocktails very good so we made reservations for Mon. evening to celebrate our anniversary and I'm sorry that we did.Our reservation was for 7:30 we arrived a few minutes before and were told that our table would be ready shortly so we waited at the bar.We were finally seated around 8:15 only after I had asked the hostess to check on our table.We had clam chowder and oyster stew for apps. and they were very good we placed our order for dinner my wife ordered the trio and i ordered a steak med.well The party at the next table as well as another table were seated after us.the table next to us were served their meal as well as the other table that arrived after us and we were still waiting,I asked the waiter to check on our meal and he informed me that because I had ordered my steak med well it was taking more time,I found this to be a poor excuse at best.when our food finally arrived my wife's trio was clearly re-heated and my steak was cooked med to med rare,the waited asked if it was cooked to my liking,I showed him that it was not he clearly agreed and offered to take it back to cook it some more but I declined his offer and ate some of the potatoes and vegetables along with some of the outer edges of my steak.The manager came to our table because our waiter informed her that we were not pleased,she was very nice and apologetic she wanted to do something for us as she understood that our anniversary dinner was below par to say the least.She told us that there would be no charge for the meal,I offered to pay for our appetizers but she declined.I tipped the waiter as I'm not sure if he or the kitchen dropped the ball.all in all we were not pleased with our visit to S&P. I have never written a review of any restaurant but I felt a need to do so in this case.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our traveling community. We are very sorry for disappointing you as much as we did. We remember your visit and understand how disappointed you and your wife truly were; an anniversary is such an important milestone. Jennifer is one of our newest managers and is doing a great job. Perhaps there is a different way she should have gone about your experience. It is unfortunate we were still not able to salvage your experience and I am so very sorry for that. We take our feedback incredibly serious and do everything we can to adjust our business to meet our guests needs. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and safe e travels to you and your family.

Rachel Lenda
860-536-2674
rachel@sp-oyster.com

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage S & P Oyster Co, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.