“Absolutely amazing food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Brookhaven, New York
“Absolutely amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Mystic for a weekend. A friend highly suggested Captain Daniel Packer Inn. We ate on the main floor, not the pub area which is downstairs. The staff was very friendly and gave us a nice window seat so we could see the water. They brought out delicious bread with butter as well as a garlic spread which my boyfriend really liked! For our appetizers my boyfriend ordered Littlenecks and Chouriço which were great and I ordered Tenderloin Bruschetta which was out of this world! For dinner I ordered the Blackjack Sirloin which was one of the best steaks I've ever had. The potatoes were delicious and the jack daniels sauce it came with was very flavorful. The portion was very large so I would have been fine with the petite size. My boyfriend ordered the Yellowfin Tuna slightly seared. Judging by his empty plate I can tell you that he thoroughly enjoyed his meal very much as well! A week later and he's still talking about how delicious it was! I would highly suggest Captain DPI's to anyone, I can't wait to visit Mystic again just so I can indulge in their tenderloin bruschetta again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Great place to eat and to listen to music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate in the upstairs restaurant. Very good service and food, then went down to quite small bar area where they had live music the night we were there (Monday). Very very good. No hesitation in recommending.

Visited June 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Stop by if you're in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

But certainly don't make this a destination. We were staying in the area for a show at Foxwoods and went to Mystic Seaport for the day and Daniel Packer for dinner before the show. We arrived a half hour before dinner service began and were shown to the bar in the cellar. We thought it was a little odd that we just couldn't be seated in the dining room to enjoy our cocktail. It was "Restaurant Week" in Mystic and we enjoyed the specials being offered: Truffled scallops and lobster. We would go again IF we were at the casinos for a show.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Groton CT
“Historic stop of one of our Presidents”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Eat downstairs at the bar or upstairs on the other two floors. Great service either place. My favorite is the special chicken which is the best I've ever eaten. Always good wait staff here. Downstairs bartender puts on a show when someone orders the "flaming coffee drink". I've ordered it just for the show.

Visited May 2013
“Great pub lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch wanted something quick and comfort food.
Clam chowder (new England style) was excellent enjoyed it so much. Onion rings where good not the greatest but would order again. Great prices for the quality.

• Visited June 2013