“Food and service was superb.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 82 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Breakfast served all day, family friendly, great for large groups, homestyle desserts and great ice cream too.
Torrington, Connecticut
“Food and service was superb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our first visit to Mystic to bring my family to the aquarium. We decided to make this our first stop before checking into our hotel, after our long trip from Torrington CT. We were very hungry and the menu was very big so our waitress, Vivian recommended spring rolls and their split pea w/ ham soup for an appetizer, which was perfect. She also recommended the spicy crispy chicken sandwich and the chicken pesto panini, which I had. Everything was very tasty. Prices and portions were perfect. She was very friendly and had patience with my fidgety children. I would definitely come back and highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Very good food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate lunch there twice. Food was very good came out fast with very good service. Very large and very clean Its a diner so breakfast lunch and dinner served all day. Overall a very good place to eat

Visited June 2013
New York, New York, United States
“quick stop for a bite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just arrived to town and was quite hungry. We figured the diner would have something for everyone. It was quite good and all of us had a chance to order different. The kids menu was good with ice cream as part of the package. The service was prompt, it was clean. I had a reuben sandwich, I didn't think I could eat the whole thing, but I did. It was that good.

Visited July 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“The food was .. Meh.. Service was good though”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chose this place because it looked good, renovated and overall nicer looking than any diner we've been too, and also based on the prices posted in previous reviews. Our waitress and hostess were very polite and checked on us often, but the food was kind of disappointing. I got clam chowder, which I always get anywhere I go, and to me it seemed like it had nothing clam-y to it. Would not have it again! I also had a gyro on pita, and for some reason I decided to go with chicken gyro. I got a pita wrap with a little lettuce, tomato, some dry chicken breast (very bland, I don't even think they seasoned the chicken) and something that tasted like sour cream (I was expecting tzaziki sauce). Overall the gyro was edible, but very boring; I think even I could make it better. My husband had a French onion soup, which was good (although I think they didn't use the camembert cheese that should go with it) and a Rueben sandwich, which, again, was very bland, compared to many other Ruebens he's had before. If we are in Mystic again, we won't go there for sure. The atmosphere is nice, but I go to a restaurant for food.

PS: soups are around $4-$5
Sandwiches around $9
Main entrees - in the $20s, so not really that cheap

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Binghamton
“If you stay near Mystic Village, a good breakfast place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very large menu, prompt service. If you stay at Howard Johnson's, show them your room key and get 10% off. We only had breakfast there but were very happy both times we ate there.

Visited June 2013