“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is located just off I 95, making it very easy to get to. The rooms are about average for a Quality Inn...nothing to write home about, but good enough. There is an adjoining restaurant that has a good selection of Italian foods.

Service was good. The room was good. We got what we paid for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Quincy, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A better name for this place should be " Poor Quality Inn" Once checked in at this hotel, I headed to the room while my husband went to get our lugagge. As soon as I opened the door I realized that something was wrong......As I entered the room I saw somebody's belongings in it!! yes... they had given us a room that was still rented out to another guest. The service desk's people were very apologetic, and gave another room. Well, the room smelled musty, I found a paper bag behind the drapes, the bathroom was not better; fungus on the shower curtain, mold around the tub, rust around the faucet, filthy walls and door, the round mirror seemed like it never been cleaned, the waste basket without plastic bag and totally filthy, some towel were sooo dirty that I just drop it on the floor. Now... the bedroom; I guess they only vaccum the center of the room, because dirt could be seen everywhere around the room. But that was'nt ALL, I opened one of the beds and Oh surprise.. there was a blood stain on the bottom sheet!!! I asked my husband to open the other bed and,.... IT HAD DIRTY SHEETS TOO!! I called in the supervisor. Again he was very, very apologetic, but he had the nerve to tell me that the stain "was not blood, but coffee" he gave us clean sheets and we made the beds ( he did offer to send somebody in to change the sheets for us) I must say that the hotel's location is great, just four blocks from Mystic Village and Aquarium. Also the breakfast was fair.

Room Tip: I can't give a tip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My kids and I were going to Mystic Aquarium and on a whim I searched for a hotel, finding the Quality Inn for $76 with AAA when all the others were at least $50 more, I was nervous figured it was just for a night. I'm glad I took a chance.

Although check-in was worrisome (the people in front of me were asking for their money back because the room had been smoked in and they couldn't stay in it. Another woman came angrily to the desk and said her room card wasn't working again and the desk clerk said it had happened to others as well, no need to get mad. Ouch.), our room was extremely clean, comfortable with excellent air conditioning and a fridge and microwave. This was what was important to me so I could ignore the stuff that was less than stellar.

We gave up on the wifi after fruitless trying. The other problem was the breakfast. As our posters said, the room was disgusting, small, crowded, with no hotel staff supervising. There were no sausages and after 20 minutes when a staff member finally appeared, said they wouldn't be bring any more out. There was an hour left in the breakfast. The rest of the food included eggs, a variety of breads, and two kinds of cereal. It was almost impossible to get near the food because it was so crowded. Because there was no place to sit, people took their food to the lobby or the outdoor courtyard. It was really awful.

However, as I said, the hotel was near the Aquarium, not expensive, and our room #251 was great so I would recommend it. However, I would not recommend the hotel's restaurant. The prices were like something you would see him some fancy place, not a cheapo hotel chain's restaurant. Give it a pass ... there's lots of other places to eat but my kids just wanted Domino's!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holyoke, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

DBL YUKKKKKK , NEVER again will I ever stay at this hotel. Stayed 8/29/12 .Mildew , moldy smelly room. That wasn't the worst part, we were kept up all night by college kids in the courtyard outside our window/room. I complained to the night desk person , nothing was done.. i was so tired the next day and livid!!!!!
The food looked like it was taken from the garbage can ... and the room it was served in looked like a garage... I'd rather eat off the floor in a 5 star Marriott!!!!!
I wish i was kidding... Our trip to Block island the next day mitigated our crappy evening l!!!!

Room Tip: Look for another hotel or camp
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rob M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. We will be working to make sure things like this do not happen in the future. We currently just assumed control of the property and will be doing extensive remodeling and updating of the hotel. Thank you again for your business.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Would NEVER stay here again!!! To start the room smelled musty. Bathroom was gross! Not clean at all! There was mold in bathroom sink and shower. My son didn't even wanna go in it. The light switch/socket was black with dirt and falling off the wall! The mini fridge smelled wouldn't put anything in there. The room in general felt dirty. Mattress was horrible and I didn't wanna turn off lights (bed bugs?) The pool was in rough shape in general, dirty with hair balls and all. Continetal Breakfast was a joke frozen cheese danish, watered down cranberry juice ect..... The people that worked there were very nice though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I have taken the steps to make sure these items are not repeated. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return to see the progress we have made fixing any issues you experienced.
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked this hotel via Priceline at a very good price, particularly since it was Labor Day weekend and the prices at most hotels were extremely high. When I checked the reviews I was dismayed. However, our stay was very pleasant. Check in was quick and smooth and we were given our choice of room and floor. We noticed no odors either in the hallway or in the room. The room, the bathroom and the linens were all clean. There were no major stains.

All personnel we encountered were friendly and helpful. Particularly nice were the gentlelman that manned the front desk during the day, and the woman that tended to the breakfast room, always with a smile.

Our room was average size for this type of economy hotel. This is an older property and the décor reflects that… but so what. We’re just sleeping here for a few nights, not buying the place!

The beds and pillows were very comfortable and although I think our room faced I-95, it was quiet. The AC worked well. There was always lots of hot water and the water pressure in the shower was great.

Those are all the positives. The negatives were:
Stingy with towels, but we were able to get more from housekeeping. The free breakfast was mediocre. There were always eggs and sausages, and coffee, juices, cereal and bread for toast, but it was the same thing each morning. There could have been a few more lights in the room… only 2 lamps with rather dim bulbs. They need to increase the amount of handicap parking spaces, particularly near the doors on the side and back… there were none there at all. There is a large indoor swimming pool, but it was closed for our entire stay... not sure why. We didn't really want to use it, but there were a lot of families with children and I'm sure they were disappointed. There is free wi-fi, but the connection was very spotty. It was hard to do much during the day. If you are a night owl, the connection was better late at night.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay, for the price.

Room Tip: I don't think the property has an elevator, and we were glad our room was on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn Mystic with my family a few weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised at the value of our room for the price. The location was great. It was a short walk to the Mystic Aquarium and the Mystic Shopping Village. The manager at the front desk was very friendly, and seemed to know the area and it's attractions well. He suggested that we eat at their in-house restaurant, La Luna, and we were so glad we did! The service and food was excellent. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The pool was clean, sunny and pleasant. We sat outside on a nice courtyard patio while my kids had a great time playing on the grass. The continental breakfast also added alot of value to our stay. Every morning my whole family ate a hearty complimentary breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, yogurt, muffins, and juice and coffee. I will definately plan to stay at the Quality Inn when I book my next trip to Mystic!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!