Our family of 4 stayed here for three nights as a long weekend. We stayed in the Carriage House, which has 2 BR and was very comfortable. We try to stay at smaller places like the Taber Inne (as opposed to the Hyatts of the world), but we did have one negative experience. There was a jacuzzi tub in our room, but the water went ice cold after letting the water run for about 5 minutes. We were looking forward to using this small luxury that we don't have at home, and were disappointed. We notified the owner, who blamed the issue on a hurricane from 6 months ago, which confused me. Like most smaller properties, issues like this require an external plumber, so the problem wasn't fixed during the 3 days we were there. Not the end of the world, but a disappointment....
We went to the Aquarium (10 minute drive) and the Seaport (20 minute walk). Here are a few pros and cons:
1. Friendly family atmosphere
2. Nice pool
3. Nice Breakfast selection, although everything is disposable and it's a huge amount of trash.
4. Several rooms sizes to choose from, including suites that work well for families.
5. Affordable rates by Mystic standards
6. A few restaurants within 5 minute walk
1. Horrible fitness center
2. It's about a 15 minute walk to downtown Mystic along busy Rte 1.
3. Some of the rooms face Rte 1, which is a very busy road.
If we return to Mystic as a family, we would return to the Taber Inne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the only inns in Mystic ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Taber Inne and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taber Inne Hotel Mystic