“Great Sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Dessert
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The sandwiches at Bleu Squid are delicious. The service is average, but the restaurant is close to many Mystic attractions.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Simple bakeshop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tried the double chocolate cupcake and it tastes the way chocolate cupcakes should taste! Almost nostalgic of my childhood days. We also tried the white chocolate brownies and regular brownies. both didn't go to waste as we saved them for later. Huge portions. Next time will try the grilled cheese sandwiches :) they also sell roasted Marcona almonds but tasted like they're old :(

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cupcakes were tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stopped in December and we tried two cupcakes. One chocolate with chocolate frosting, the other chocolate with vanilla frosting. The chocolate cake was moist and tasty. The vanilla frosting was delicious and complemented the chocolate cake nicely. I found the chocolate frosting to be too rich, even though that is my favorite flavor. We left them in the car and it was cold out so we had to let them thaw out a bit before eating. Once room temp the frosting is nice and soft. These are good sized cupcakes too, one may be too big for some to finish.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Your Favorite Food Now Served Meltier Than EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

There are certain universal truths.

All PEOPLE are created equal.
All PEOPLE deserve respect and have a right to liberty justice and happiness.
Also...

Cheese is good!

The first two facts have been hard learned through history and the fact that it is almost 2014 when I write this and we still haven't gotten it right yet makes men ot have ANY hope in humankind to ever find a way to be nice to each other.

But then I went to the Bleu Squid...

Not that Cheese is going to save the world (not that it couldn't I mean we are talking about cheese here...) but the way they serve it here...

For however many bites you can drag their loving creations out for, everything is right and beautiful in the world.

Will the solution to the world's problems be solved with a grlled cheese from the Bleu Squid?

I don't know but I do know that mine are when I am there and that I don't think of them for quite a while afterwards either.

World Peace for One... now served fresh and hot with extra melty gooey cheese in the middle.

And more than a side of love too!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Terry & Vin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We travel from NJ to Ma almost monthly to visit our daughter and her family. Our trip would not be complete without lunch at the Blue Squid. My husband believes the grilled cheese is the best he has every had. I often choose the homemade soup which is always delicious. For dessert we share a cupcake. What a treat! The selection of cheese is also a big draw.
We highly recommend the Blue Squid.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bleu Squid? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bleu Squid, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.