“Good meal at a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Putnam County, NY
“Good meal at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner and was very pleased with the menu and prices. I had the fried oysters, which were cooked to perfection, to my mind. My companion had pan-seared scallops which were also very good. I was very pleased that I could have a side salad instead of potato with my oysters. The portions were ample and the service was excellent.

Visited September 2013
MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing us! Hope to see you again next time you're in town.

york, pa
“Nice casual place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We wanted some place to catch a casual meal upon our arrival in Mystic. This place fit the bill. We were extremely pleased with our meal. We split the beet salad and both had the salmon. I was impressed that the waitress asked how we wanted the salmon prepared and checked back to make sure it was to our satisfaction. Nice wine list, too. Nothing pricey, but someone knows some good values. Our waitress was very attentive. Good value for the money.

Visited September 2013
So glad you enjoyed your visit! We always enjoy hearing customers compliment our wine list - we try hard to find great wine at great prices. Thanks for the nice review.
Kingston, NY
“Excellent and surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I were staying ate the Holiday Inn Express right next door and decided to go to the Boathouse for a beer and some light grub. The place is nicely decorated with nautical motives, as expected, and has both an indoor restaurant area and a terrace which is quite a treat given that the property sits on top of a hill. The bar area is cool and quite cozy as well. Beer on tap is less than $5, fried calamari $10 and belly clams $12 for generous and very savory portions. Staff is friendly and very professional. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MysticBoathouse, Owner at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks for the nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Please visit again next time you are in town.
New York, New York, United States
“First time at boat house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Food was very good service was fast and pleasant very clean inside and not cramped, friendly and attentive staff

Visited August 2013
Thank you for the review Jim! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
New York City, New York
“Fair food and fair service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at The Boathouse and all went reasonably well. I had the lobster roll with sweet potato fries and my wife had the lobster salad. Eash meal came with a reported 4 ounces of small lobster tidbits which got lost in the salad and on the roll. If the pieces of lobster were larger we could have tasted it but all we got was a faint lobster taste. I would even be happy to pay more for additional lobster so maybe the managment at this restaurant might offer offer more lobster for more money.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback, Jack. I appreciate your input, and will speak with our chef about your suggestions. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Mystic!