“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

While on family vacation we decided to eat here one night. The service, food, and atmosphere was all great. This is def a place we will visit again if in the area.

MysticBoathouse, General Manager at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review! We would love to have you here again next time you're in town. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit in Mystic.

markus2229
“So happy to visit after a day at the aquarium.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I chose the Boathouse at random following a day outing to the Mystic Aquarium. We are quite happy we did. Our waitress, Katie (hope thats correct) was fabulous. I ordered a burger and fries, both were very good. My wife ordered a lobster, sans shell, she hates to shell them herself. This special request was handled beautifully and was plate presented in a humorous and wonderful manner. The side for the lobster was the fresh made chips. Awesome!! If you are in the area and hungry, stop in and check it out. A bit pricey perhaps, but worth it>

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MysticBoathouse, General Manager at Mystic Boathouse, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I'm happy you chose us too! Thanks for your review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
Montville, Connecticut
“YUM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hubby ordered the grilled BBQ sandwich and I got the fish and chips. We both enjoyed our meals. The sweet potato waffle fries that I got with my thick slice of cod were delightful! The BBQ chicken was great according to my husband and he also enjoyed the homemade potato chips that came with his sandwich. Only thing I did not like was the cole slaw that came with my order. It was tasteless, gross even.

We will be back, if only for the fries and the chips! I'm sure the other dishes are good based on the ones we tried though.

Service was OK, could be better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glad you enjoyed your meal here. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Ask for me next time you're in, I'd love to meet you!
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Happy find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Looking for a place for dinner that would both provide a burger for one and dinner for others, we happened on the Boathouse. We ordered the burger and prime rib which were excellent, and a turkey burger, ceasar salad, and Rhode Island (clear broth) clam chowder which were good and bread pudding which was very good. The waitress seemed nice but very inexperienced so the service was spotty. The place itself was comfortable and inviting, but I can imagine in the summer it might feel a bit chaotic. The prices were very reasonable for the area and quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for taking the time to review, but this doesn't sound like us! We don't have prime rib or Rhode Island chowder or bread pudding. Sounds maybe like Riverwalk? In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Mystic! We'd love to have you at The Boathouse if you're ever in town again.
Mystic, Connecticut
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Been here twice and the food is marginal at best. Its too bad because the menu offers pretty straightforward family options that shouldn't be difficult to do well. Salad greens were rotted and the clam chowder was so thick the spoon stood upright. Service was efficient but felt like diner service with restaurant prices. We will not go back.

Visited October 2012
I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visits! Should you change your mind and want to visit us again, I'd love the opportunity to talk with you in person.