“Very disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Medfield MA
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant was recommened to us by the Hyatt. We received a 10% voucher to use from the Hyatt but honestly I wish we had gone somewhere else. Waitress was extremely nice but food was not very good. I got the fish and chips and it was greasy and overcooked on the outside. My husband got a steak and said it was ok. It is a bit on the pricey side especially for a family. I would not go back and sad to say would not recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tarrytown, New York
“Not a bad family spot...but a little pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a day at the Mystic Aquarium, we ventured down the road and found the Mystic Boathouse (it's a very short drive, not even 5 minutes away from the aquarium). Despite it's name, the place is located atop a hill with no view of boats or water, so if you are thinking that you will get a nice view of the harbor or something...forget it. The place was pretty empty when we first arrived, but it started to fill up quickly. The service was good and the food was good as well. My hubby loved the clam chowder, but he thought the fish (the stuffed cod), wasn't the greatest (for being in a seaport community, he said the fish tasted like it had been frozen for a while). I got a steak, which was luke warm at best when it arrived, but the sauce it came in was phenomenal. The green beans that accompanied my steak were rather bland as were the garlic mashed potatoes. My 3 yr old was satisfied with his choice, but you can't really go wrong with chicken fingers and fries. However for the 3 of us, the total without gratuity was over $60. Its a nice little family place but not really worth the price.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Bad service, only marginal food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The service was almost non existent. I don't know if they were short on help or if that's the norm for them. We almost got up and walked out, as it took over 20 min for our wait staff to acknowledge us. The food was okay but certainly not great. It certainly wasn't worth the price. Find somewhere else to eat!

Visited July 2012
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Outstanding Service!! Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had the pleasure of dining at the Boathouse this past July. My wife, myself and our 2 sons, (3 months and six years old), had just come from a long day at the beach and were ready to have a good meal. We were seated very quickly and the staff were so friendly and accommodating to us and especially to our children. It's tough to eat out with a young child, let alone an infant and the Boathouse made us feel like we didn't have to worry about a thing. I believe Robin was our wait staff and she was professional, efficient and most importantly, personable and genuine. When we asked for hot water to warm the baby's bottle she quickly appeared with a perfectly poured cup of hot water which made for a very happy baby. She also gave us great food and wine recommendations. Our meal was spectacular, especially the lightly fried oyster special. As we dined, several other staff members approached our table to ask about our family and if we were enjoying ourselves, including a female owner/manager whose name I have forgotten. It was such a refreshing experience, especially since many establishments frown upon family dining. Our experience that first night prompted us to come the next night at the end of our getaway. Same story. Great dining experience paired with lovely staff. Genuine people are the key to this establishments success. Thank you Boathouse!! We look forward to visiting again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent was the one word to describe this awesome dining experience. After visitng the aquarium my family decided to have late afternoon lunch...we stumbled upon this restaurant....the food was very good and great portions for the price!

The servers were friendly, fast and efficient!

Overall.......a great family experience!

• Visited August 2012