“Slow and unimpressive” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We offer healthy and tasty eastern cuisine, prepared in the manner of native Thailand - slightly adjusted and specialty menued for taste - with a western presentation. We use only fresh ingredients and add no MSG. Every meal is cooked separately, which allows us to meet special needs of our customers (such as gluten free diet or various allergies). Our restaurant was designed to present a casual/classy cafe-like environment in which our customers can enjoy both a traditional dining room and a lounge area with the full bar
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Slow and unimpressive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

In spite of only four tables being full, the food here took FOREVER - 40 minutes (really). OK food, but definitely not worth the wait. Atmosphere is nothing special.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

providence
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I had the most delicious dinner at Thai One On a few weeks back. The food was absolutely fantastic! My boyfriend and I ate at the beautiful bar and had the opportunity to meet the chef who had just returned from Thailand to visit family. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the food since we left. Thanks for a great dinner!!!

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Great food, best espresso martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

As much as I remember the excellent kang dang and my wife the green curry, you have the tastiest espresso martini going. Keep it going!

New London
“More than the typical Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We heard about this new place several times from friends and ventured there this past weekend. We have eaten Thai food in many locations, including Thailand, are a little picky and know the difference between authentic Thai and the imitators. This is definitely more than the typical Thai restaurant. We were greeted immediately and chose seats at the high tops in the bar area. We were surprised to see that the interior is thoroughly new and upscale, granite top bar. After the menu and spice level was explained to us, we started with some appetizers, the summer rolls and the tiger’s tears. The rolls were fresh, obviously hand made to order, with a scrumptious sweet sauce sprinkled with peanuts that really made the taste complete. The tiger’s tears we had at 2-star. This beef appetizer is served over a bed of lettuce and minced onion and a great sauce, and we ate every bit. For entrees, we ordered the Thai One On Duck and the Pad Key Mow, a sautéed basil dish. We ordered these one star, and added some to the duck ourselves from the spice tray. Each entrée was great. The pad dish was tasty and the basil fresh; the duck was cooked perfectly, with the combination of vegetables and the sauce. We asked to bring the remaining sauce home so we could put it over some rice the next day, it was that good. We finished with some ginger ice cream. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful, the wine supplemented well, the atmosphere was casual and friendly, and the price was surprisingly affordable for the quality of the food and the upscale appearance. We’ll definitely be back and are happy to have real Thai food in the area.

burningurn83
“Never Again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

I ate at Thai One On april the 9th while celebrating a special event. Unfortunately, this was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. The service was horrible, as well as slow and the food came out incorrect. Let me start by saying that i like spice as well as curry however when I ordered the green curry here it came out so spicy i was unable to eat it. It burned my throat and upset my stomach. This was surprising when i ordered it with only one star of spice. My girlfriend on the other hand ordered her dish with two stars of spice and when it came out it was not spicy at all and very bland in taste. I told my waiter that i was unable to eat my food so he sent over the manager who said he would deduct my dish from the bill. This never happened. Out of frustration with this place i paid the total and just left. We were not the only table having a poor experience this night either. I overheard two other tables complaining to the manager of slow and lacking service. one table had waited 15 minutes for their drinks. I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you want a good Thai restaurant in the area go to Jasmine Thai in New London, Ct. They are professional and the food is great. There was nothing professional about Thai One On starting from the wait staff all the way up to the management.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere