“WONDERFUL Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
South of Boston, Massachusetts
“WONDERFUL Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I stopped here overnight unexpectedly. We had attended a wedding in Newport, RI where my husband accidentally ate a shellfish sauce (he is allergic). We were on to another wedding in NYC, but traveling proved to be too much for him!

So, we stopped in Mystic and I quickly ran into several other hotels. Most were either booked or just not up to my standards of cleanliness (one clerk at a well-known chain actually told me that the rooms they had left were "pretty gross"). Luckily, I stopped at the Hampton Inn, and without even explaining the situation was offered a rate comparable to the other hotels I had stopped by earlier (they gave me the AAA rate). Check-in was quick and courteous and were happy to find a room that seemed brand new and was immaculately clean. A staff member even stopped by later to check on us and see how we were finding our stay. The free wi-fi was great (it kept me entertained while my husband rested!) I forgot my toothbrush and the front desk provided one. Later on that evening, I had a headache and went to the small store that sold snack items and necessities. When I went to pay for the Tylenol and bottled water I had chosen, the clerk gave it to me for free!

By the way, the Equinox Diner down the road was a great surprise! The food is WAY above standard diner/tourist trap fare. We will make it a point to stop there for lunch on our many trips up and down Route 95.

The breakfast the next morning was very nice (oatmeal, eggs, continental fare, cereal bar, etc.).

I really can't say a bad thing about this hotel. Everything was very well-done!

If we hadn't found it, we may have never made it to our NYC wedding the next day! Thanks, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
westchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Right off I 95 - Close to all attractions.. This is a new Hotel. We stayed in a king studio suite.The room was large, clean and very comfortable. Especially the bed and pillows. All staff were very pleasant and professional, especially Will the Manager. He seemed to go out of his way to make sure everyone had what they needed. The complimentary breakfast was good. Lots of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, muffins whole grain breads along with juice, coffee and tea. There was also some form of eggs and sausage patties. A great stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites over the 4th of July holiday weekend while in Mystic visiting family. What a great stay! The staff was friendly and pleasant, the rooms were comfortable and clean and there was a good selection on the free breakfast buffet. I was definitely reccomend this hotel to friends and family and will absolutely stay again when in the Msytic area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
everywhere!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I traveled to this hotel for business in the area with several partners. After checking in separately we noticed that we all had different rates after requesting the company rate...hmm, a bit curious.

Next I asked about shuttle service the next morning to our meeting which the staff told me over the phone that they provided but by the time I arrived the story had changed and now they told me there was not one available.

The location is great in terms of the mystic area but my room had a not so lovely view of a trailer park?? Are they serious?? Made me feel a bit unsafe...

Breakfast was alright and some staff smiled a lot which is about all I can say for the Hampton Mystic. Will probably stay elsewhere next time, somewhere with a shuttle!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I recently attended a family reunion and we stayed here, I must say that the hotel was beautiful and well maintained. We were greeted by a lovely front desk representive named William, he was extremely accomadating and always had a smile on his face. I wish I could say the same for the evening manager, she seemed a little bit confused and unavailable to assist us or the workers. The stay was over all enjoyable and I do plan on visiting again soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Just opened last August, everything is brand new and the staff, though not seasoned, is very helpful with problems. Because it's new and they're looking for business in a competitive area, I thought our rate was good value compared to other hotels in the area and other Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Mystic was very pleasant. Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff were pleasant and friendly. It was well situated for it was close to all of the attractions in the area. We recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic? Share your experiences!