“Friendly & Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waterford Motor Inn

Waterford Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waterford
Waterford Motor Inn
33 Loganlea Rd, Waterford, Logan City, Queensland 4133 , Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Waterford
Brisbane, Australia
“Friendly & Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed at Waterford Motor Inn on a few occassions now with no complaints. I found in my experience the hosts Mike & Daphne could not have been more accommadating & helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the cleaning staff polite and friendly. Nothing seemed to be a bother for Daphe or Mike, infact I found them to be very friendly. I would recommend a stay at this motel anytime. Ronnie C.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay for 6 days. The staff were very helpfully and friendly. Rooms were clean and bright and the location made it easy to access the motorway system. This is the second time we have stayed here and will be back again.

• Stayed June 2013
Gladstone, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I arrived @ the Motel @ about 430pm on a weekday. The receptionist / owner (female), was very rude & abrupt. I was by myself on business nearby and she had the hide to lecture me about the price was for one person only to be in the room! I didn't intend on finding someone to sleep in my motel for the night off the street.....
She enquired as to what time I would be leaving? 730-8am was my indication as things can change with my work.
The room was fairly neat & tidy although it did have a bit of a smoky smell to it...
I awoke to my alarm at 7.25am, I went to the bathroom, I switched the tv on to watch the morning news, returned to bed to have a cuppa and found two knocks on the door & before I could exit the bed I found the grumpy old lady had opened the locked door and was in my apartment advising me there was someone out the front wanting Andrew!
When questioned further about this so called person, she left the room & then advised me that I was late leaving and I should have already left the premises......as it had just gone 730am!
I packed my bags, had a quick shower and as I exited the motel room door I found the old lady waiting out the front with the cleaning trolley. I looked in the rear view mirrow when I drove out & thought that will be the last time I stay here!
Terrible result to what was suppose to be a great relaxing night.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
wynnum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My Partner and I stayed at the Waterford Motor Inn, in early January. We stayed for 5 nights, and had a lovely stay. The rooms were very clean, and we found the service exceptional. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was close to the shops, and close enough to the theme parks. We had no problems at all at this motel, and will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We booked a hotel in Brisbane however due to floods could not get through to it or the next 3 hotels we tried. My brother and I were attending a business function that evening so were pleased to get a twin room at Waterford. At the reception desk the female owner Daphne was not unfriendly but neither was she particularly pleasant. Decor a bit dated but overall the establishment appeared clean, reasonably priced & covered the basics. When asked when we would be leaving we explained that we were only staying one night & leaving the next morning to catch a flight. Daphne informed us check out was 10am.
Returning late that evening the air-con appears to be pre-set &/or faulty. Turning down the bed covers on the single bed I was greeted by two smashed up cockroaches & the bed did not appear to have fresh linen. The pillows were also very thin. At 7:50am we were both woken by a furious knocking at the door & the call of "room service". Before I knew it Daphne had used her key & entered into the room on her own accord wanting to know when we were leaving???? Wot the?????In addition she stated my brothers credit card could be collected from the office. This would have been convenient to know the previous evening when we went to pay for a meal. Just a nice touch of service would have been appreciated. She had our mobile number to contact us to inform she had not returned the card. I was on the balcony prior to 9am waiting for my brother to shower & was met my Daphne outside with cleaning gear once again asking if we were ready to leave. No coffee, interrupted sleep we just decided to get out asap and were gone by 9am. As we closed the door another woman appeared upset sitting on the steps outside her room. I asked her if she was ok & she replied, NO, I have just been asked to leave my room by the owner. Reading the reviews I have no doubt in my mind that this is a regular occurrence for this woman.. I must note that on returning our key her husband appeared a polite friendly man. We certainly will not be recommending this place to anyone & we both travel regularly & hold a wide circle of family, friends and business acquaintances.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The woman in the office was grumpy. The room was generally in a poor state of repair with filthy carpets, dusty surfaces and dead bugs on the window sill. The room had no cooking facilities at all (I would have expected it to have a microwave) and there is no guest laundry. I found the shower and toilet to be spotless which was a pleasant surprise and also the bed was quite comfortable but I can’t guarantee it had clean sheets. It came as a shock to me to be woken up at 7.45am by a knock on the door followed by some women entering to service the unit. I got the impression I shouldn’t have still have been in bed at such a late hour. A pile of clean towels was left at the door but no one returned to service the room. The whole complex could do with refurbishment and the owners/staff could do with a personality transplant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Logan Village, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The owners at this motel are rude, unfriendly and just ridiculous........there's no words to explain the disgusting service at this motel..these people should of never entered the hospitality industry..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Waterford Motor Inn? Share your experiences!