“Wow!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Night as well as Brunch. Enjoy comfort food with a twist!
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

You will not leave hungry that is for sure!
We had breakfast here. Cured my hangover and kept me full until 7 pm haha!!! My husband's pancake was the size of a manhole cover! And my hash was unbelievably yummy!
Our waitress was great and the service was fast!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mamaroneck, New York
“Huge portions but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If quantity is what you are looking for this place is it. But if you want better than average taste go somewhere else. My banana french toast had no banana sauce of any kind even though I was assured that's what it came with. It did come with a banana split and fried. But the french toast was good but dry and no banana flavor. Chicken and waffles where pretty to look at but very dry and left us with much left over food that we did not take home.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A wonderful surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had never heard of this chain and our son researched and recommended dining here....it was a great meal. The portions are huge and delicious. We had never had fried chicken and waffles before and this dish is now the gold standard

Hamburgers and the meat loaf sandwich were the other entrees and again...very good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Took the family out for breakfast, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 & 3). We live nearby, so we visit the casino regularly, but this was our first trip to this restaurant.

All portions were very large! The kids menu pancake would have been big enough for myself, needless to say my son did not finish it.
I ordered the HH Blueberry and Pecan flapjack. It was 15inches across! it came with eggs and bacon. My youngest had the french toast. Also we shared and order of fruit.

Everything was delicious! The service was excellent. We will be returning.

Advice I would give is order one meal and share it. The problem would be deciding what to agree on!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“So much food... so so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I do believe it's places like this that are the reason people from other countries look down on Americans. That being said, if you want an absolutely gluttonous and sickening meal, this is the place to go and I mean that in a good way. I didn't realize they had been on a TV show or anything like that we just thought chicken and waffles sounded awesome. It was fairly empty on a Wednesday afternoon so they were able to accommodate our large party. They give you biscuits to start off that are the size of my hand. I know that doesn't give a real frame of reference but that's a pretty big biscuit either way. I ended up eating about a third of it because it was actually tasty. It's served with butter and jam and drizzled with honey. No this was not a gluten free meal by any stretch of the imagination. We ordered crispy fried prawns, a fried green tomato stack and the beef tenderloin on polenta for appetizers. The prawns were ok but not out of this world. I skipped the fried green tomatoes because I could. The beef tenderloin was actually good and could be considered a normal person's meal. It's on top of a triangle of fried polenta with some sort of pesto on it and mozzarella melted over the whole thing. That would be something to try for sure if you were to end up here.

For entree I split the chicken and waffles (2 large chicken breasts, mostly deboned and 4 waffles with bacon in them) and the stuffed meatloaf. The chicken and waffles are worth the calories however I don't see how a human could consume more than half of one order. It was ridiculous, but the waiter was nice enough to bring over more syrup for us to speed up the onset of diabetes. The stuffed meatloaf was two large slices of meatloaf which tasted pretty good on it's own, not mind blowing at all, stuffed with spinach and peppers and on top of griddled mashed potatoes which had a little bit of spice to it. This was all covered with some sort of sauce and cheese. I couldn't eat more than a few bites of it because I wanted to focus on the chicken and waffles. There comes a time when you have to decide which calories are more worth it. The little one had some grilled chicken and potatoes which was also a large serving even for a child. The paternal unit was sad when his meatloaf was put in front of him because he knew he couldn't finish it. I had never seen a face like that before and it was quite amusing and worth the price of the meal. The maternal unit did a very decent job on her chicken and waffles. My brother and I were sick by the end of the meal but still wanted dessert. However the only things that sounded good were the strawberry shortcake (which turned out to just be the same biscuit topped with strawberries) and bread pudding (which took 20 minutes to make from the time of ordering) and neither option sounded appealing anymore.

Bottom line is, I would totally go back but I learned my lesson. I'll either get an appetizer or something with waffles and split it. Oh and the biscuits are good but skip them if you want to have what you came for.

Visited August 2013