“Needs work” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Night as well as Brunch. Enjoy comfort food with a twist!
New London CT
“Needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The service was lacking, hostess and waitress seemed ambivalent on what was a very slow afternoon. The person I was with enjoyed the salmon sandwich, I wish they had photos of the items because the pork tenderloin sandwich I ordered was embarrassingly oversized and nearly inedible.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mahopac
“suprisingly not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tried this restaurant because it sounded fun and different, touting large portions and interesting selections. I ordered the cobb salad which was 90 % lettuce, a few pieces of bacon and sparse blue cheese...was very disappointed. My friend had the giant bbblt sandwich, which although huge was impossible to eat as the bread was extremely hard and it was impossible to put the sandwich together; you had to eat the bacon, lettuce. bread and tomato separately. The service was adequate. Would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had dinner here on Sunday night on July 16. The food was fresh, tasty and ample, and the service was just as outstanding. We were with my elderly parents and were disappointed when we first got there because of the limited menu but our waitress, Debra, went out of her way to accommodate us and make us feel like we were her only customer of the evening. I could see that she had plenty more customers to serve but she really went out of here way. This was the second meal we had here. The first time was on Mother's Day where we enjoyed a tasty meal with excellent service. To find a restaurant with delicious affordable food and outstanding service is certainly something to write about.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Home Style Food On Steroids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were at Mohegan Sun for a concert and debated over eating here or at another new restaurant whose NYC location we have eaten out already. HHAGG won out. We gave the hostess our name and she asked if we wanted to leave a cell number to text us when our table was ready. It worked like a charm and in 10 minutes we were seated. Since there was a concert that evening, their dinner menu was abbreviated. Our waitress took our drink and food order and asked if we wanted some biscuits and honey butter. My wife declined but I am never one to pass up a good biscuit. What came out was a biscuit the size of a softball covered in melted honey butter with extra butter and strawberry preserves on the side. Needless to say, both us us ate some of it. If it were breakfast, one biscuit would have filled me up until well after lunch. My wife ordered The Kokomo, a huge meatloaf sandwich made with fresh ground beef, sausage and bacon with roasted tomatoes (almost a tomato preserve) and grilled, smoked mozzarella. It was served on two pieces of bread that had to be an inch thick each. She ended up taking one slice of bread off and eating as an open face sandwich. I ordered a Hash House tradition, Sage Fried Chicken and Waffles. It was two pieces of rib bone removed chicken breast on top of 4 bacon waffles. Each waffle had a slice of bacon cooked across the waffle, protruding from either end. It was served with a maple reduction that in my opinion was not real maple syrup. The food was delicious. I only regret not taking pictures to show people the presentation. Each of our meals would have fed two people. As we are at the casino occasionally, we will definitely add this to our list of places to eat at again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food service and quality was terrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with friends on the 4th before the Heart concert. The server was good,but the food service was terrible. Meatloaf sandwich was very dry, mushroom swiss burger was missing mushrooms. We were a party of 8 everyone recieved their food but one person in our party waited 15 minutes while everyone else ate. Waitress was very apologetic. Manager did not come to address the problem until the meal came. He did comp the meal. They were not even busy,no excuse for the terrible food service. We also recieved the dinner biscuits when the last meal was served. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere