“Lots of Food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Night as well as Brunch. Enjoy comfort food with a twist!
Meriden, Connecticut
“Lots of Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the Hash House in Vegas for breakfast and it was very good so we decided to try here for dinner. The one in Vegas seemed to have a bigger menu but I could be wrong. We have been to Mohegan's twice. I am always looking on the menu for something to eat that isn't ridiculously HUGE. The first time I got a Reuben Sandwich and it was just ok. It wasn't bad, just nothing special. It could have used more flavor and more sour kraut. Jack got the huge skillet full of hash. It's big but everything is. The next time we went, I ordered the chicken pot pie. It was unique in it's preparation and presentation. I would order that again. No, I didn't finish, but it was full of flavor and mashed potatoes. Jack hasn't moved past the hash, his favorite. I need to say that the biscuits are delicious and BIG. The fresh preserves are always a big hit. Last time it was strawberry peach. So good. Maybe next time, the chicken and waffles but I'm splitting them with someone.

Visited March 2013

Massachusetts
“Full Plate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate at the new Hash House while visiting Mohegan Sun Casino. We had intended to eat at the Birches restaurant (which we loved) but found that it had changed into the Hash House. This is evidently a chain and not one that we were familiar with. I ordered the grilled cheese. NOT your regular grilled cheese. This one came on Texas sized bread, tomatoes, avocados and bacon. Much too much for me to even half finish. It also came with fries. My husband had one of the burgers, with fries, that was huge. He couldn't finish his either. We were satisfied with our dinners, just not overwhelmed by anything except the portions.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Hash house a no-no”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Plain & Simple, one of the worst experiences I have ever had. This restaurant does not meet the high standards of Mohegan Sun. Service is non existent, and worse they could care less. I saw multiple customer complaints beside mine while there. Food was ok at best. Prices were average. As I said the service was so bad I couldn't get past anything else

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bay Shore, New York
“Go Go to the Hash House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The newest restaurant now open at Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville Ct. is a big winner. Hash House a Go Go may be new to the folks around this area but they have been around a while. I have been to the one in Las Vegas a few times and I must say this new place rocks.
First off this is a great place to get a very big meal for a very small price. The menu has an assortment of different items but all are very very large portions.
Try the flapjacks that are as big as your plate or better yet try the Sage waffle tower.
The waffle tower is 4 large square waffles stuffed with bacon strips piled up with 2 very large white meat fried chicken breasts with a very small wing bone draped with onion straws, held together with long wooden skewers and a cutting knife. You will not be disappointed.
Add a 24oz. Bud in a Bag at $4.99, or a large assortment of mixed drinks where you get to keep the glass for around $13.00.
All in all this is a really nice casual restaurant that’s big on portion size but great on the wallet.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Bring your appetite!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast there with a coworker during our company convention. Casual fun atmosphere, friendly staff.
The portions are insanely huge. I ordered one flapjack and it was huge, the equivalent of 4 normal flapjacks. It was very tasty and served with the right amount of butter with syrup on the side.
Not sure what dish my coworker ordered but there was a lot of it. He's a big eater and I give him credit for finishing 95% of the plate.
If you like to eat and want huge portions for a reasonable price this is the place to fill up on comfort food.

Visited April 2013