“not happy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Milford
LYNN
“not happy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was my third stay and the staff were friendly but notso sure they knew what they were doing. I requested a smoking room which is why I stay there and they gave me a nonsmoking room and were unable to give me one even though I booked my room several weeks in advance.Not sure if I'll stay again even though my son is going to college nearby for the next 4 years

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

So. Yes, it was cheap. It is conveniently located off the highway. It was cheap. But please invest in some new beds and bedding. I can forgive a lot. I can live with the smoky "non-smoking" room. I can deal with thin walls, being able to hear what sounded like a business transaction at 2am, and waking to hear one couples enthusiastic aerobic pursuits at 7am. This I figure is all part of staying in a run-down, cheap hotel directly off the highway half-way between Providence and New York. But come on, yellowing sheets that are too small that popped off to reveal stains and tons of little specks of dirt and a mattress that was sagging really pushed my attitude of I can sleep through anything to making me feel like I should be worried about bedbugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

WEST HAVEN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I haven't been there in a while. But it suited what i needed. The rooms are good. I just think a mini refrigerator would be nice to have in the rooms cuz i had nothing to keep my water bottles cold. Other than that i wouldn't mind saying again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This motel is very good.

While it could do with a bit of updating, the room was excellent. Also nice breakfast included in the very reasonable price. I stayed here on the last night of my 3 month holiday in the USA and Canada and would gladly recommend.

There is also a nice pizza place up the road run by some friendly Italians (just past the Westfield mall).

Only downsides were stinky lift/corridors (cigarette smoke) but this smell was not in the room. Also carrying luggage from the carpark down to lobby and up to room was definitely awkward as it was some distance between car and room. But these are fairly minor things.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We stay here all the time - relatives came from puerto Rico and spent a few days there- a bit disappointed that the rates went up a few dollars from last year but I did notice some renovations and flat screen TVs in our rooms ... The indoor pool was great wish they would reopen the outside pool...

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the years and they have been consistent in giving clean, comfortable rooms as weel as great customer service. I highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Comfy beds, clean linens and towels, clean bathroom, flat screen tv. Needs new pillows- I always bring my own. Room could use more minor detail cleaning and updated carpeting. Certain other areas of the hotel could use some freshening up of the decor. Hotel staff were ok, pool is good, location is great- 3 miles from Silver Sands Park, nice mall with movie theater down the street, plenty of places to eat next door and nearby, close to I95, 20 min. To New Haven. Overall my stay was good.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel Milford/New Haven? Share your experiences!