“Too close to highway, not in great condition” 2 of 5 stars

2x HHonors Points!
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Milford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burlington, Connecticut
“Too close to highway, not in great condition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The previous reviews regarding the proximity and noise from the highway are spot on. I got in at 11:30pm at night and there were no rooms available on the "quiet" side. I can sleep through a lot but for anyone who is a light sleeper, good luck!

The room was really in deplorable condition. Chipped bathroom tiles, broken wall sockets, etc. very small rooms.

The girl at the front desk was not pleasant at all. I also never got water or a snack as a Hilton Gold member. (Being a Hilton honors member was the only reason I booked this in the first place.)

There are limited hotel options in the area, but I would recommend booking elsewhere or bringing your earplugs.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get something on the side opposite I-95.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMKevin, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milford, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with the great experience you deserved. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your input on the look and feel of our rooms as well as the noise level from nearby traffic. Please know that we are looking into possible additional measures we can take to better soundproof our rooms in the hope of preventing similar issues in the future. Your comments on our front desk and Hhonors perks service have been shared with the team and we will work harder to ensure each of our guests’ feels valued and welcomed moving forward. We will use your comments as we continually work to improve our guest experience and we hope you will consider staying with us again and experiencing our warm Hamptonality the next time you are in the area.

Kevin Gosling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel is located near highway exit and short drive from center of town. Hotel and room was clean as was the parking area. Staff was helpful and friendly. Free hot/cold breakfast,exercise room, NO pool or hot tub, laundry room on site.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Let me start by saying that I will stay 60 plus nights in a Hilton or Hampton this year. That means I see quite a few and can easily say this is the worst Hampton that I have ever stayed at. As a Gold or Diamond Hilton Honors member I get to see the best service that a property has to offer. So, in this case, I was quite surprised when I opened my first floor room to find a small single bed, cheap well worn furniture and a noisy heater. It was late so I didn't go back to the front desk and ask for a different room and then things got worse.

After settling in I walked into the small bathroom and, ugh, the tile floor was sticky on my barefeet. GROSS. The sleep was tough in the single bed and the hall on the first floor didn't have a door from the main lobby so besides the noise, by 6am I was awakened by the strong smell of burnt toast coming from the breakfast bar.

No, I would never stay there again despite my loyalty to the Hampton chain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed for one night while on a New England vacation. The bed and room amenities were typical Hampton and quite comfortable. The location is right on I95, but the drone of traffic is not terrible. If you have a choice, a room on the parking lot side would be preferable. Laundry facilities are nice but inconveniently located. The breakfast is good but the dining area is inadequate with large furniture. Unless you want to eat at a communal table in the middle of the room, you end up sitting on sofa style seating that is not very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The staff are great. The rooms are old and used. The bed is good and of expected Hampton standard and there are flat screen TV's. The rest of the fittings and finish are not as good as any other Hampton i have stayed in over the last 12 months.

Ask for a room on the side of the hotel which has the parking lot, there is quite a lot of traffic noise on the road side. Does not bother me but i know some of you are picky.

Breakfast is pretty good. Internet is free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Knutsford, Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here over 15 months ago and sorry to say this Hampton is not what it was !! place needs an update, although this is not the fault of the staff. Rooms clean and functional, but now dated. When in Milford prefer the Hilton Garden Inn. Point of note to mention is that I-95 roars past hotel and very noisy, so ask for room on the other side of the hotel. We have stayed here on many occasions over the past 15 years and were saddened to see its current state. Needs some TLC.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing I-95.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bodden Town, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for ten days in July 2012 and would do so again. The staff was very helpful, from checking in to housekeeping. Also the young lady that manages the breakfast area was really sweet, breakfast was very good and well supplied. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed, the beds and linens was also clean and very comfortable. The a/c unit was a bit noisy but I'm a deep sleeper so that did not bother me. I asked for a refridgerator and got it which was quite useful for a long stay. The grounds of this hotel was well kept and the location for me was perfect. I could walk to a real nice Italian resturant in the evenings for dinner and a nearby liquor store to pick up a nice bottle of wine to take back to my room. I had a lovely stay, thanks to the friendly and helpful staffs. I had only one mishap, and it is that I requested a wake up call as I had a early flight in the morning, but it never came in. I missed my flight and had to stay two extra days to get another flight. Over-all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Milford? Share your experiences!