“Good Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Milford
Sydney
“Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived late without booking - easily settled in. This Marriott establishment was indiscernable from Best Western both in layout and breakfast. Good service and value. Front desk guy was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Penfield, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is average. The best thing about this hotel was the very nice~~front desk guy named "Marlon"!! We returned late , after dinner, and he saved us some chocolate chip cookies :-) Thanks Marlon :-)

Room Tip: Eaasy to find ,off the expressway, but not a great area to walk around!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I enjoyed my trip here. The front desk staff was very nice at checkin. I had a great room, very comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast in the morning was great! I'd never stayed at a Fairfield before, but had no reason to fret. The only thing I could say is a second elevator would be nice, as well as a automatic doors at the front. There's really no place to load and unload outside when it's raining, and that makes it difficult with push doors.

Room Tip: Anything on a high floor is fine. Ask for a front facing room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is right off the highway and makes it very easy to get into Milford, Fairfield, and Bridgeport. I got in late so I didn't have time to explore the property but I was pleased with my room. It seemed a little older than most Fairfields, but was very well maintained. My room was a little small, but clean and comfortable. Also, the breakfast is pretty solid. If you're staying at a Fairfield Inn, you're probably expecting the same quality at every single location and this one delivers, but at a better price than most others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for one night on a visit to New Haven (hotels in New Haven are pricier). The location was perfect (just a minute off the highway), room was clean, staff very pleasant and breakfast adequate. Didn't use the pool or fitness room. Not sure about it being good value - maybe others in the region offer same comfort at better prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our family (5 and 3 year old boy) stayed here for one night, while visiting various attractions around the area, including Silver Sands State park beach. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant and helpful and we got a good night rest.

The free buffet breakfast had a good selection. They had eggs, sausage, waffles, breads and yogurt. They also had warm chocolate chip cookies in the late afternoon.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it was outdoor and probably only good during warm weather. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I have Marriott gold status. So I do have some choice even though my employer does not reimburse me.
I'm an ER nurse that loves my west village apt in NYC. But have this job in Bridgeport CT right now 3 12 hr shifts a wk. reverse commuting every time I get done at 11:30 pm is too ridiculous.

The mgmt and staff at Milford Fairfield Inn? Above avg friendly. Totally knowledgeable about their hotel. And work very hard to make guests comfortable.
They are open to suggestions.
The rooms are very clean. I am a neat freak and I am completely satisfied!

The breakfast is absolutely good. If you want more than they offer? I suggest a restaurant. This is a hotel where in 3 hrs they have to cater to all guests that are allowed to show up unannounced in that time frame. Kudos to mgmt and staff for this.

The hotel is safe. I have to come in after midnite at times. You need your room key card for entry. This makes me feel secure.

I read a review where someone complained the stairs were not close enough to the elevator.
Ok wow. If THAT is the criticism you can come up with? Sounds to me this hotel is pretty darn good!!

• Stayed August 2012
Paul W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. It is our goal to make every guest feel that we are a "Home away from home". Our staff takes great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and service you should expect when spending time away from home.
I am glad you enjoy our breakfast. We have focused on providing an array of options and our friendly staff provides a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Everyone wants to feel safe and secure when traveling, and I am grateful we are able to provide you with this piece of mind.
We appreciate your business. Thank for choosing the Fairfield Inn in Milford.

Best Regards,

Paul Williamson

Been to Fairfield Inn Milford? Share your experiences!