“Meet Expectatoins” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Milford
New York City, New York
“Meet Expectatoins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our family (5 and 3 year old boy) stayed here for one night, while visiting various attractions around the area, including Silver Sands State park beach. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant and helpful and we got a good night rest.

The free buffet breakfast had a good selection. They had eggs, sausage, waffles, breads and yogurt. They also had warm chocolate chip cookies in the late afternoon.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it was outdoor and probably only good during warm weather. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I have Marriott gold status. So I do have some choice even though my employer does not reimburse me.
I'm an ER nurse that loves my west village apt in NYC. But have this job in Bridgeport CT right now 3 12 hr shifts a wk. reverse commuting every time I get done at 11:30 pm is too ridiculous.

The mgmt and staff at Milford Fairfield Inn? Above avg friendly. Totally knowledgeable about their hotel. And work very hard to make guests comfortable.
They are open to suggestions.
The rooms are very clean. I am a neat freak and I am completely satisfied!

The breakfast is absolutely good. If you want more than they offer? I suggest a restaurant. This is a hotel where in 3 hrs they have to cater to all guests that are allowed to show up unannounced in that time frame. Kudos to mgmt and staff for this.

The hotel is safe. I have to come in after midnite at times. You need your room key card for entry. This makes me feel secure.

I read a review where someone complained the stairs were not close enough to the elevator.
Ok wow. If THAT is the criticism you can come up with? Sounds to me this hotel is pretty darn good!!

• Stayed August 2012
Paul W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. It is our goal to make every guest feel that we are a "Home away from home". Our staff takes great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and service you should expect when spending time away from home.
I am glad you enjoy our breakfast. We have focused on providing an array of options and our friendly staff provides a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Everyone wants to feel safe and secure when traveling, and I am grateful we are able to provide you with this piece of mind.
We appreciate your business. Thank for choosing the Fairfield Inn in Milford.

New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wanted a place close to a train station so we could go into New York for the day and then head back to Boston for a bit before heading home to New Brunswick, Canada. Well this place delivers. Only an hour and a half by train to Grand Central Station and 2 hours to Boston. Great rooms, nice outdoor pool, lovely breakfast. I must say that the lady working in the breakfast room was always friendly and helpful. Our first morning we arrived at breakfast 5 minutes before breakfast ended and she went out of her way to get us something to eat. That is great customer service in my book. This place is clean and close to some good shopping and restaurants, I would, no I will be returning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson Valley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I just stayed three nights, for him to be closer to work in New Haven, and we were extremely pleased with our stay! The woman at the front desk, who checked us in on Tuesday night, was very nice and helpful. Our room was nicely decorated, our beds were comfortable (since I am very pregnant we slept in different double beds!!), and (most importantly) our room was clean!! Breakfast in the morning was simple, yet perfect for a quick bite to eat, to start our day! The outside pool was great, too! The ONLY negative thing I can say about this hotel is the rooms have limited tv channels. (Usually something I don't care too much about, but I spent a lot of time in our room!) Overall, this was a great,clean place to stay, that came at a very affordable price, located conveniently off of I-95.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Paul W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback.
Our staff is focused on providing clean, comfortable accommodations and outstanding customer service.
We have received many positive comments regarding our breakfast, especially since adding scrambeled eggs and sausage to the buffet.
We are working on expanding our TV channel package and hope to have this finalized shortly.
We hope to see you here in the future with the new baby!

Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was just going to forget this stay, but the following month I had such a wonderful experience at Hotel Zero Degrees I felt it was my responsibility to convey to others what I experienced at the Marriott. The hotel was understaffed and desk personnel were sometimes unavailable doing other chores.
My stay was two nights.When I returned to my room after the first night I found it just as I left it that morning. It needed towels and linens and had not been touched. I called the front desk and was told, the room WAS cleaned; I suggested he come up and see it. He said he was the only one there and would send someone. I asked to change rooms, he said nothing available. Someone did come with a handful of linens, no towels and told me to make the bed myself, he was too busy. Unacceptable, so I called the front desk again. Was told he was the only one there, he would try to come up and do it, I asked him to bring towels and toiletries. He did arrive and realized the linens that were dropped off were the wrong size. About 3 hours after my first call, and much too late for a relaxing evening, all was done. Other negative: toilet did not flush properly. The breakfast was of poor quality and not restocked when the basics were not there. There was a positive: I paid for this stay using points so what I had to add was minimal. Had I paid the full, quoted price, I would have had to spend much too much time contesting with Marriott and AMEX.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Paul W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
I am very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had at our property. We take great pride in our customer service, so this report is very concerning to me and my staff.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further so I can fully investigate the situation and address these issues with the team.
We have been fortunate to enjoy excellent guest service scores including excellent marks in the housekeeping categories.
We also had enjoyed great success with our breakfast presentation, recently adding scrambeled eggs and sausage to our extensive buffet, and our experienced Breakfast Ambassadors are very attentive to our guests.
Of course as general Manager of the property, this in inconsequential if any of our guests encounters the unfortunate circumstances you endured.

Again, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. I would also like to have you back as my guest so we can provide you with the experience you deserve and our guests have conme to expect.

Please contact me at paul.w@prosperahospitality.com or you may call me at the hotel any time at 203-877-8588.

Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My teenaged daughter and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn Milford for some three nights. We were there with a few other family members, all in separate rooms.

I think there are two ways I need to discuss this property. First up is the staff and the word that comes to mind is "excellent". Almost everybody seemed interested in ensuring that the guests had a good experience. In my own instance, that translated into their finding a double room for me when I had originally booked a king. That change was at my request, and they had it done before we even arrived. The front desk staff always seemed interested in helping out, and in general the same was true of their colleagues working elsewhere on the property.

The facility itself didn't really work for me, though. The included breakfast was served in a room that is clearly too small for the number of guests that can fit into the hotel. The waffles were great, but I didn't appreciate one of the staffers spraying so much oil onto the elements that it must have been dripping. The sausages are little patties that end up basking in their drippings, not too appetizing even for this enthusiastic carnivore. Of more serious concern was the fact that the bathtubs did not seem to have any sort of anti-slip treatment. They LOOK like they do, but in fact the surface seemed as smooth as a baby's bottom...and that's not just in one room, but three. They were made aware of this issue. The other somewhat strange thing is that there are no stairs near the elevator, which is located in the centre of long hallways. The single lift was often busy but launching down the stairs wasn't particularly convenient so it didn't happen. More importantly, I wonder about fire egress.

The hotel is easy to find, being just off I-95. Be aware that if you're coming off the freeway you'll be on top of the parking lot entrance before you know it (on the left). Might be an idea for the hotel to trim the greenery around the entrance 'cause vehicles tend to approach the parking lot entrance on Schoolhouse at a fairly good clip, some of them cresting a bridge just beforehand. Parking was a bit tight on a couple of the nights we were there, but check behind the building if the front looks full. If you're looking for good restaurants in the area, try Kimberley's Diner (good basic fare) or Rainbow Gardens (if you're into something more upscale). Enjoyed both.

All in all, a reasonable and generally pleasureable stay, especially given the excellent rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dixon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We chose this place because of it's proximity to Silver Sands State Park & Beach. We were not disappointed. The staff was great. The room was comfortable & quiet. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Milford? Share your experiences!