“Great for what I paid” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Milford
“Great for what I paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I will preface this with the comment that I got a great deal on Priceline and for what we paid I couldn't be happier. The Milford HGI was a very short put stop on a long road trip for us and my husband and I found it to be clean and comfortable enough. Overall it was just little things that I found to be annoyances more than anything else, but I'm also a picky person about details and they aren't things that would be huge in many others' eyes--like there only being 2 creamers in the room for coffee in the morning (yes I could go downstairs and get more but I don't think anyone would appreciate my morning per-showered appearance), the bathroom light and fan being on the same switch so there is no way to turn on one without the other (fan is quite loud--particularly in the middle of the night), and half the TV channels not working and i cant say that i coukd really appreciate the different types of pillows that the room touted to have--they were all oddly lumpy. On the flip side, there were plenty of towels from the git go and a digital thermostat and beautifully working AC unit....and if I needed any home improvement items Lowes is within walking distance;-) Like I said, for what I paid I can't really complain and it was clean and comfortable enough.

• Stayed September 2012
mattkin24, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Hoosurnurse05,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Milford. I was glad to see that overall you enjoyed the hotel and your stay.
I have shared your comment regarding the creamers with our Housekeeping Manager for future follow up. Additionally, I have shared your comment regarding the bathroom fan being noisy, with our Chief Engineer, and he is going to replace that unit with a newer, quieter fan today.
I do apologize for the inconvenience of the less than acceptable television channel selection. Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some equipment issues with Direct TV and we are currently lookiing into an alternate carrier, so that we can provide all of our guests with both a wider selection of channels as well as better and more consistent quality.

Thanks and again for your comments and please join us again in the future.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ashland, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed on return trip from NH to be close to NYC. The front desk manager couldn't have been nicer, the hotel was spotless, and the room was tidy and comfortable. I didn't have time to try the restaurant or other amenities, but I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
mattkin24, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear gsamx,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Milford. I am glkad that you found the hotel both clean and comfortable, it is something that everyone on the team here really takes pride in.

Hopefully, on your next visit you will be able to try the bar and our restaurant, as we just rolled out a great new menu. I am sure you will love it.

Thanks again for your comments.

Best Regards,

Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here for a week while our daughter and her team was playing in the Eastern Regional Junior Little League Championship. Our whole team stayed here and the staff was very accommodating to us. Very clean and wonderful rooms. Beds were great! Breakfast was awesome.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent choices.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
mattkin24, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear bluemoon417,

Thank you for the nice review of Hilton Garden Inn Milford. I was so happy to see how much you and your team enjoyed staying with us.
Honestly, the feedback from the hotel employees regarding your group was tremendously positive as well. All of the girls were polite, respectful and just a fun group to be around.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Milford for your next visit.

Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

For being right out of New York City the cost of the room was very reasonable. The hotel is very clean and well kept. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is easy on and off Interstate 95. Would be glad to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mattkin24, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Kelly L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was nice to hear that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel. The team of employees at the hotel take great pride in being able to offer each of our guests both a clean and a friendly place to stay when you are "on the road".

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and hopefully you will come back and enjoy us again in the future.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Helpful staff, clean rooms, good value but why do you have to pay for breakfast?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Tltravels,

Thank you for your feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the hotel.
In regards to breakfast being included, we do have that as one of the options for purchase. When making reservations to stay with us in the future, please do not hesitate to inquire about the rate that includes breakfast and we will be happy to accomodate.

Thank you again for your comments and hopefully you will join us again in the near future.

Regards,

Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our Company holds meetings here 3-4 times per year and it's just the best! Thinking of Milford, Connecticut of having a great hotel wouldn't be my first choice, but in this case it is. If your destination is Milford or your just passing through- make a stop here.

The Hotel:
Conveniently located off I-95, the hotel has a warm and inviting lobby. The reception desk personnel, especially Aviel is just the best. Upon check in, he upgraded me to a larger room. He was friendly every time he saw me in the lobby. A special thanks to Alyson! Every aspect of our meeting was taken care of and nothing was too small to ask for help. Or conference room was cold, they adjusted it..then it was warm, they adjusted it...I think we drove them nuts but they never seemed to be bothered.

The hotel has great food, which is also hard to find. There is a pool, and a guest laundry room...I love that!

My Room:
I was in room 219, not far from the evaluator, but never heard a thing. The room was beyond Hugh....Olympic size is more like it....there was a desk, micro wave, small fridge, sink and powder room. The bed was a king, with lots of pillows .....there was a flat screen tv, clock radio with an iPod connection. The room was cool and the temperature controls were easy to use. The bathroom was immaculate! Sometimes you find a "stray hair " here and there---not here.
There was shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouthwash, shoe mitt and even a shower cap.
There was a nice stock of towels...

And finally, Alyson recommended a restaurant for or dinner out- Jeffrey's , which was right down the street. The hotel offered to shuttle us over, since it was so close..then they picked us up......
The food was yummy and the wine list was great!

We will return here again in September for our annual meeting and I can't wait....next time I will bring my bathing suit!!

Room Tip: Room 219. There are only 4 floors....this has a nice view of the back of the hotel, was close to ice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear corresources,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Milford.
It was such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed both the hotel and what the surrounding area has to offer.

I have shared your comments with all of our employees, as I know how excited they get when they have achieved their goal of outstanding guest service.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will be back to visit with us again soon.

Respectfully,

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed for one night at Hilton Garden Inn in Milford, CT mostly because of the location. I was on a college tour with my son from NYC to Boston and this was right off I-95 so I booked a room at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the room was spacious and beds were comfortable. Nothing fancy, just nice and clean room. Only complaints are wieless was slow, and coffee weak^^*

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milford, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear coffeeloverfromca,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your comments regarding the coffee and the wireless speed and we are taking the necessary steps to improve these two areas, in hopes that all of our guests will be more satisfied on future stays.

Again, thank you for your comments and hopefully you will be staying with us again in the future.

Area General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Milford? Share your experiences!