“Good Q and service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Blandford, Massachusetts
“Good Q and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had pulled pork with cole slaw and sweet potato fries. The first thing I noticed is the fries were very crisp and hot. Not sitting around waiting for someone to order. Pulled pork had a nice texture and smokey flavor. Home made BBQ Sauce is not at all spicy, just the right amount of sweetness for me. Also the pork was not swimming in it. Again, just right. Deep fried bread pudding for desert. Served with a Carmel Sauce. Nice and moist.

Hackensack, New Jersey
“Good BBQ especially for the Northeeast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Tainos is a small hole in the wall resturant that looks like it deserves to be on Main Street. Most hole in the walls are kinda grimmy and not appealing. This place is the opposite. As you walk in you see there is limited seating but each seat is filled for dinner time. They also have a large TV that is jamming great and diverse music that carries to speakers outside. You walk up and set your reservation, or you can even sit outside. The staff is really friendly and helpful. As you sit you will get a great menu that is short but right to the point. They have great wing appetizers. If you like try the Voo Doo wings. They are teriakyi but they have some zip at the end. I ordered the St. Louis Ribs and they were good (not great). They provide you with extra bbq sauce for extra flavor. The meat falls right off the bone making for a great taste. The outside was alittle burnt, but the inside was very good. But the best part of this whole meal was the collard greens. The collard greens reminded me of the south. They were sweet with great flavor, you cant have good ribs without good greens. I also had a variety of beers while I was there which made a great all around good time. Also from what I have heard the brisket is very good. They ran out when we got there. I would recommend this to anyone looking for BBQ check it out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Good smokehouse BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We've been twice, once for eat-in and once for takeout. Enjoyed the food both times! So far we've enjoyed the pulled pork & BBQ chicken. The ribs have a dry rub and are very, very good! I really enjoy the food here and the BBQ is better than many other places that claim to be specialists. I think the owner is really onto something here and I strongly recommend a visit if you like smoked meat taste. The sides were very tasty too. A must try if you are in the area. The restaurant is small on the inside and the outdoor seating does not look like it will accommodate inclement weather... nonetheless, do try! Service was fine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Connecticut
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went here with my husband and two kids. We should have saved our money. We were really excited about the prospect of good BBQ food and quickly found out the sauce is the only good thing about this place. The shrimp was tough and made me sick afterwards, the coleslaw tasted like the greens weren't washed and the kids meals were a joke. I didn't think you could mess up mac and cheese but they did. I will never go to this place again. They give Taino indians a bad name.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Connecticut
“Surprise in a corner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food was excellent. The service pleasant, and the surroundings sparse. Well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Taino's is tucked away in the corner of a shopping plaza. The menu is strictly smoked meats and scratch made sides. I had the pulled pork and my wife had a blue cheese smothered burger. Both were excellent. Taino's serves only soft drinks and beer, but you are encouraged to bring wine if you wish. They even provide glasses and a corkscrew! The owner stopped by during our meal to check on how we were doing. He is expanding his footprint outback, roughly doubling his service area. Can't wait. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013