“New England” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middletown
Westerville, Ohio, Usa
“New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Middletown represents the best of the New England culture. The small shops, great little restaurants and historic hotels. The hotel restaurant was very good and had a wonderful selection. I was there on business and I chose to eat at the bar. The staff were friendly and very informed about the area and the attractions.

Room Tip: If you have a few bags try to get a room near the side parking lot. The front parking lots are a lo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Inn at Middletown while you were in town for business. You hit the nail right on the head when you commented about our great downtown area which is walking distance from the Inn. We are very proud of the Tavern at the Armory and I am glad you were happy with the offerings and our fantastic staff. We all look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area again. Happy holidays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the Middletown Inn over Thanksgiving with our family of 8. We got two rooms and a suite and had a great experience.

Check in was good. There was a little issue with the connecting rooms but the front desk fixed it quickly. They were on their game with cribs, a fridge for milk, and very friendly. My 15 month daughter was in love with the front desk person. Lots of smiles

They have a very cool staircase and decent pool which provides lots of entertainment for the kids.

Room service and wait staff were excellent and accommodating.

Rooms were clean and the maid service folks were very nice

Only a few issues. The early morning fruit plate for my daughter was very pricey and when we took it out of the fancy dish, there was very little actual fruit in there. Also, we asked for a late check out to work around a nap and got some friction from the front desk. They were full for a wedding the next day so I understand their position, but when a kid needs to nap, I think some flexibility would be nice.

Overall, great stay. Clean rooms and great staff..... We will be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback regarding the menu and we will certainly address the portion sizes. I was very happy to hear that the staff made a positive impact on your stay as that is our number one priority. We look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We just recently were wed in Middletown, CT and used the Inn as our wedding hotel. We had approx. 20 other rooms booked and did book the bridal suite for two nights. As soon as we arrived, the employees jumped to assist with all of our bags/luggage and parking details. We held the after party at the inn, and the food was great and service was excellent. We also held a morning after breakfast, and again, the Inn and their employees came through in a big way! Everything was perfect and we really appreciated their friendliness and attentive manner in which they work. Even though we live in Middletown, we love to get away to the Inn - nice dinner downtown, and a great and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Inn at Middletown. It makes me proud when I read such nice comments about the staff and the service they provided you while you were with us. It is what we are all about here and we look forwards to having you stay with us again when you just need to get away.
cheshire ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We choose the Inn for our wedding headquarters as the father of the bride I was in contact with Kaitlin to plan rooms, an after wedding party & a post wedding breakfast & she did an awesome job. The food was excellent & well presented & in sufficient quantities.
We also had over 20 rooms booked for friends & family & every one of them enjoyed their stay at the Inn. No complaints to me about anything. The staff were all extremely courteous & helpful.
An overall excellent facility & I would highly recommend it to anyone

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wedding weekend with us at the Inn at Middletown. It appears that katelin and the staff took very good care of you and your group while you were with us. Letting us take care of all your needs over the weekend is what we do extremely well and I am so happy we made it a memorable weekend for you and your family.
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were thinking about using this hotel for our wedding in the area so decided to test it out. The people who work there are so unaccommodating and unfriendly that it makes you never want to go back. We will not be using this hotel after the way we were treated. I would NOT recommend this simply for that reason. It was terrible.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I am very concerned about your overall experience at my property. The overall comments regarding your stay does not really depict what we stand for at the Inn. I would love to discuss this more with you in detail and would hope that you could call the general managers office to give me more specifics such as when you stayed which of my service staff was rude and or unprofessional. We pride ourselves on the superior product and service we give every guest and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation. Concidering this is the first and only time you have used trip advisor I feel there may be more to this that I would hope you would share with me.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was attending a wedding in Middletown and looked for a good hotel in the area. From recommendations on TA I booked the Middletown Inn for two nights. When I made the reservation I booked a king bed room in what I expected to be a very historic Inn with an antique style furnishings. When we arrived, we were informed that the "free parking" was a block and a half from the hotel behind a shopping center movie theater. When we finally checked in we were sent to a room in the lower level (basement). The room had 2 beds. We went to the front desk and asked for our room to be changed which was down the hall. For the rates charged, I did not expect to be in a basement room near the pool. The room was clean but not quaint at all. Typical furnishings for a Holiday Inn type hotel. Could not figure why there were black marks all over the ceiling next to the bed.The hotel was hosting 8 wedding parties that weekend and getting through the lobby was a challenge.

Room Tip: Request room not in basement (lower level)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry that you expected more of a bed and breakfast venue as our guest room pictures are on trip advisor in order to show guests what a typical room looks like. This time of the year our weekends are busy as many couples are getting married and they choose the Inn for it's location and our overall quality. I will share your comments with my team as we are always looking for ways to improve.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I sadly admit that I am not much of an adventurer when it comes to selecting a hotel. I tend to go to Marriotts or Hiltons knowing that I will be greeted by a professional level of service and will open the door to a clean room. So, I was a tad nervous coming to this property. Well, that was silly of me--this hotel was just great! It was clean, nicely appointed, and quiet. We weren't too sure about parking but we managed to use metered street parking right in front. I think metering stops around 6-7pm and doesn't resume until 10am. Perfect for us. The hotel does offer alternatives (I think for a modest cost but not located on the immediate property). Our reason for being in the area was to attend a performance at Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam. We experienced an easy 20 minute drive each way. If in the area again, I will return and I will try the Tavern--it looks quite good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking a leap of faith decided to stay at the Inn at Middletown. We really pride ourselves on our high quality of product and service and I am glad that we met your expectations. Our setting and location allows our guests to check in, unwind and relax and make it a home away from home. Hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Been to Inn at Middletown? Share your experiences!