“Awful Treatment” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Middletown
West Babylon, New York
“Awful Treatment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The hotel was very average, nothing special or fancy however the staff at the front desk was terrible. They were rude, sarcastic and even screwed up our checking out by charging us twice. The accomodations were nice, but not worth the cost of the stay especially when parking is not provided. I would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for your imput regarding your stay at the Inn. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and it appears based on your comments as if we did not meet your expectations. I will be discussing these comments with my front office team so that it does not happen again. We appreciate the feedback and can only get better from it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waterford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was our third stay at the Armory. We meet family from all over the US here.
Love the food, the rooms, the fitness center and the pool. Perfect for walking to dinner and convenient parking. Staff is always nice and the beds are super comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
pottstown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I had a diamond necklace and cash in my wallet that were both missing when I returned to my hotel room after being out for several hoursl. I think it had to have been someone on the staff who had a key to get into my room. I spoke to the general manager who said no one entered my room. Someone had to have come in and taken my things. I think they need to investigate all their staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
InnatMiddletown, General Manager at Inn at Middletown, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
I am sorry about the loss of your property during your stay at the Inn. We conducted a detailed interigation of the lock and based the time lines of when you told us you entered and exited the room our finding showed that no other key entered the room during your entire stay besides yours and the person that was staying with you. I am sorry that we could not be of better help in this matter.
Hanover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Inn for 3 nights for our daughters' wedding being held in Middletown. From the moment of check-in I knew this was going to be a wonderful weekend. The staff was the most accommodating group of hard working people I have ever encountered. From the parking attendant explaining options, to the front desk making arrangements for us, I can not say a big enough THANKS to all at this marvelous facility. The staff made us feel like we were long time friends. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Hotel was very comfortable, staff was very helpful and cordial.. not stuffy.
The Tavern restaurant has very good food, a nice menu and not pretentious.
A place where it was easy to feel well taken care of.
I would recommend this great place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
New London, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

This is a truely hidden gem. If you need a place to hold small weddings (50 to 70 people) there is no place better. The staff is outstanding and the Inn is absolutely elegant. Many of the people at our wedding stated they would come back for a weekend getaway, even though some of them live less than 30 minutes away. The food was outstanding (great chef) and the rooms were great!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Santa Clarita
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

For a business meeting at Wesleyan, this is the only choice in town. Thankfully, it is just fine for a night or two with business at the University (it is within walking distance, but I assume if in Middletown one would have a car).

The hotel is relatively new, but made use of two of Middletown's more historic buildings in its construction so it has a classic feel. The entryway and lobby area is very charming. The upper floors and rooms are typical of a Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn.

I do have a few complaints. 1st, the inner handle on the toilet (inside the tank) broke the first time I attempted to flush it. I called maintenance, they sent somebody from housekeeping to take a look. He indicated that they have the piece and their maintenance would fix it shortly. Well, needless to say, I was sticking my hand in the tank to pull the cord each time I needed to flush, as it was not fixed.

Second, the hotel has no on-site parking. You either need to valet at $12 a night or park in a number of surface lots they will direct you to and walk a few blocks (I can imagine this being difficult in the middle of winter).

So all in all, if you need to spend a night in Middletown, it's a safe bet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Inn at Middletown? Share your experiences!