“It really is a great value” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   31 Meriden Road, Middlefield, CT 06455   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middlefield
Centennial, Colorado
“It really is a great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just back from an Eclectic reunion at Wesleyan. We needed several rooms for two nights -- and I was pleased to find this steal of a deal. Nothing fancy mind you, but the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, the price was right, and Jay -- the manager -- was wonderful. He had great suggestions for dining and was very helpful in general. There was a slight odor to the room, but once we had the air conditioning going -- that subsided.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My Mom stayed at this hotel while visiting me. The room was adequate, but what was totally unacceptable, unprofessional and rotten were the people who worked there. They could not speak English and refused to put any calls through to her room. Even when I spelled out her name they said there was no one there by that name. I gave them her room number another time and they said it was too late to put a call through at 9 p.m.!! I tried yet another time in the morning before she checked out. They said she was already gone. She was not gone! We will never use this hotel again. My Mom is elderly and does not have a cell phone and I needed to be able to get in touch with her using the hotel phone. Horrible place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BalluP, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you experienced such an event. This is unacceptable at any hotel. However, we feel that you may have mixed up the hotel you actually stayed with. All of the individuals working at our hotel are fluent in English. We also have an auto-attendant which answers all phone calls. The auto-attendant allows our customers' friends or relatives to directly dial into the guest's room. We hope that you will give us a try the next time you are in the Middletown, CT area. I will make it my personal goal to make your or your family's stay a great experience.
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at this motel while visiting Wesleyan University. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and despite facing out onto the highway it was quiet. The staff was very friendly and had great suggestions for dining in nearby Middleton. The location is so/so, about 15 minutes from downtown Middletown, but the reasonable price more than compensates for the short drive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to keep our property clean and comfortable as well as accommodate our guests' requests. I thank you for taking time out of your day to post a response and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Staying at this motel for a couple of weeks. Rooms are very clean people are very friendly and the area is great. If I had to stay at a motel again this would be the place I would stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

On a stop over to N.H. we stayed here. Very clean, fridge in room, great beds, all facilities in very good shape! It was quiet, and easy to find with my GPS.
The office staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again without hesitation.
I used a coupon that I got at a local rest stop, since it was a last minute check-in, it was accepted immediately.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Wolcott, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

To be honest my hopes were not set to high, but it well exceededour expectation on all levels. Comparing apples to apples...this is not a hilton..

Rooms - CLEAN. Bright. no musty smell. There are not too many ammenities but you do get a Mini fridge with a microwave. There is a major grocery store half mile down the street, as well as a huge variety of restarants from fast food, diners, pizza chinese and sit downs. There is HIGH SPEED internet [5mb down and up] as well as direct tv. great place for the money..

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Left the Meriden Comfort Inn Because it was dirty , Like real dirty! came here so I did not have to drive 3 1/2 hrs home ,,, Was real pleased with what I found , DId not expect it from the street. The room was clean neat and comfortable with w a 27'? 32'? tv fridge microwave Iron and Ironing board , direct tv. . I looked like the property had been updated recently, with new windows and doors, The young lady that I spoke to on the phone when I called also met me at check in I asked to see a room before I even gave her any info other than my name she just handed me the key , I took one look and knew that the room was clean. I was pleased with the room after really looking around. the carpet was clean up to the walls ( not a dust edge around the room ) bathroom was small but nice with clean towels and shower. the bed was nice and soft . The only thing I would say they need is some curb appeal . (an update look from the street ) . But the rooms were nice, The morning I left I was packing the car and they were cleaning a room in front of me and I saw them cleaning all of the surfaces of the TV. the clicker the Phone all the things they say are the least cleaned things in the room . I would stay here again and would suggest anyone to do so also

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlefield
Quality Inn
Passport Inn & Suites Middletown
Crowne Plaza Hotel Hartford - Cromwell
Courtyard Hartford Cromwell
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!