“Good hotel needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Wallingford
“Good hotel needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to this hotel several times and I really like it. Th only real problem that I had was the hot water and water pressure was not that great. Staff were helpful and I would continue to come back here!

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

They truly do care and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I've talked to various employees at different times and they are willing to go out of their way to help you and are very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peabody, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We travel a lot for work and have many rooms to book so I try to stay with larger chains.
I called on Sunday and booked a block of 9 rooms all king rooms and was told to call sales department the next day to see if they could do better on rate. On Monday I spoke with Stacy and she confirmed my reservation and confirmation was sent for 9 king bed rooms. Stacy also gave us $10 off each room. Upon arriving I walked into my room and found two doubles! I called down immediately and spoke with the guy at the front desk that kept putting me on hold until he finally gave me to Stacy. She apologized and said it was her mistake and could give me a king but not the whole team. The team was ok with their rooms so I was the one to change to a king. Oh so much better. I think this hotel should know there inventory especially if we are booking on a Monday and checking in the next day....
Also, they give you a list of restaurants in the area and the one that was recommended for Italian we checked on Trip Advisor before we went. So glad we did because it had bad reviews. We went on our own to a hidden gem Celestino's!
The hotel has good breakfast choices though and coffee available all the time with fresh baked cookies.

Room Tip: Try not to get rooms facing the highway....loud!
Douglasville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is a good choice. It is clean, the staff is extremely nice and welcoming. I felt safe and was welcomed by everyone. At one point I mistakenly left my credit card in the room. There it was, safe and sound when I returned!

Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn to be close to the Middlesex hospital just before Christmas. The location was great, right off the highway and close to hospital. the staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and was comfort, the parking area was well lit. The building does show signs of age but for the price and the cleanliness, I have no complaints. The free breakfast buffet at the Hampton Inns is always a nice touch and this one is typical of them all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Natick, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

A large group of 12-19 year old grils playing in local hockey tournament stayed t hotel with parents. clean, pleasant staff- very nice complementary breakfast in am 7-10am (waffles, eggs, juices, cereals, fruit) - nice to have area in lobby with large TV folks all hung out- also had private conference room we reserved in advance great for Boston Chicken and a pizza party. would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My daughter and I traveled to CT and stayed at the Hampton Inn Meriden, the staff was helpful and polite. The breakfast was monotonous but good, and the the beds were so soft the friends of ours that were also there actually started sleeping on the floor because their backs were bothering them from the beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!