“Quality Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
Ohio
“Quality Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Most lacking was quality of breakfast; have had better at other Hamptons. Bathroom sink slow to drain. Need better drainage in handicapped parking area, and not enough room for 4 spaces marked. Otherwise, really quite good for price point. Convenient, clean, helpful staff. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
Laura A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Aprilinlondon1970:

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at my hotel. We really appreciate the feedback from our guests. We are trying out some of the different varieties of breakfast items and we are encouraging our guests to let us know what items they like and what else they would like to see on our buffet. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were convenient and the staff service was great. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Laura Arneson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were driving from Boston to Philadelphia and this was convenient to 2 major highways. As it was our first visit, we almost drove past it because it is on a residential type street. We arrived late but the check-in was quick and easy. We had a super-comfortable king bed. Although the hotel was nearly full, there was zero noise (which has been a problem at other hotels, since I am a light sleeper). The room was attractively furnished...love the lap desk! Everything looked fresh with no wear. Excellent HD flat screen TV with several premium channels. Bathroom was small, but immaculate with a great shower.

Breakfast was much better that the usual complimentary fare and everyone seemed to be truly enjoying it. I met several staff members, each one friendly, efficient and informative. I thought this was a great value for the money. We visit family in the area twice a year, and this hotel is definitely worth a return visit.

Room Tip: King beds are so comfortable, you have to fall asleep!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
2Media_Docs:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at The Hampton Inn Meriden-Wallingford. I am happy to hear you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. It is so nice of you to take the time and let others know how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

My best,

Randolph, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed on our way to and from NYC, Very nice, clean enough, Friendly front desk, good breakfast. Walls seemed a little thin, we were in rm 211, but really not loud enough to be a problem. Could use another business computer in the lobby but otherwise a nice place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laura A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Demerwl:

Thank you so much for posting your experience about your stay at The Hampton Inn Meriden-Wallingford. We are a great stopping point on the way to and from NYC, with our location right off the highway it makes it an easy stop. Breakfast is an important meal and I'm delighted to hear ours lived up to your expectation. I'm sorry our walls seemed a little thin, but glad it wasn't a huge impact on your overall experience. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

My best,

Valley Forge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Location can't be beat, just off I-91 and Merritt Parkway. Property is well maintained.

Check-in was wonderful. I'd arrived very early, around 11:30, and didn't expect to be able to check-in but they accommodated me. I had a king bed which, apparently, is the quiet side of the hotel. I had no problem with noise, internal or external, and I'm sensitive to that. Room was well appointed, typical Hampton, but not worn at all and had a modern HD flat screen TV with cable. Bathroom was small but otherwise OK.

I stayed using Hilton Honors points. Usually, Hilton properties undervalue the points relative to Marriott but this location was an excellent value, whether using points or paying cash.

Overall, I was pleased with the property and would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Trenton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

It's hard to beat the free morning breakfast offered at the Hampton Inns, but this one went well beyond the norm and not only offered a hot breakfast, but friendly service also. This hotel is easy to get to. The only downside was the lack of close quality resturants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn, Meriden, during a business trip. The property is well maintained and clean. The carpets, furniture and electronics were in excellent condition and clearly up to date. I will gladly return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Knowing this hotel is adjacent to a noisy highway, I requested a quiet room. But I didn't think to note that I didn't care if the room had a king bed or two beds. Little did I know that all of the rooms with 2 beds are on the highway (VERY noisy) side of the hotel. And the quiet side has all king beds.

When I called that afternoon to double check on the room, I found that the only room left was "noisy" side. The clerk was pleasant enough, but tried to convince me that the top floor room would be quiet, since the highway noise faded out at that height. Seemed a bit fishy to me, having stayed in far too many highway hotels. I should have cancelled then and there and found another hotel.

I took a chance. Arrived and found the room was incredibly noisy and also seemed to be full of some sort of horrible air freshener covering up what was obviously a room that had been full of smoke. Again, I realize this happens, but I couldn't stay in that room. The young man at the desk was very understanding and patient. He found the phone number of another nearby Hampton for me, but it was full too.

As a last resort, he moved me to a room on the first floor. Fortunately no smoke, no air freshener and even though it was on the highway side, it was marginally quieter. Running the bathroom fan was enough to drown out some of the highway noise.

The hotel has been renovated in the past few years, the rooms are quite nice, clean and up to date. I certainly would stay here again, if I could be guaranteed a room away from the highway.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure your room is away from the highway!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford? Share your experiences!