“NO LONGER A HOTEL” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Infinity

Save Saved
You added The Infinity to your Saves list
The Infinity
390 Bee Street, Meriden, CT 06450 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Meriden)   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Acton, MA
“NO LONGER A HOTEL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I just tried to make a reservation here and after a lot of hassle I found out that this property is now called The Infinity and it is apartments.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My family booked 6 rooms at the Infinity, which is the new name for the Hawthorn Suites. I was the first to make the reservation, and I used Expedia (and paid in advance). Six weeks later, I was notified by Expedia that the Infinity was overbooked by 30 rooms and I was being "walked" to a nearby hotel --- which turned out to be 16 miles away in Waterbury. When I explained that the whole point of the trip was to spend time with my family, together at the hotel, Expedia tried to reach the manager of the Infinity. They were told she only works on Fridays. We waited a week and called the manager to explain the situation but the manager said nothing could be done. When I asked why I had been bumped, when clearly I wasn't the last to make a reservation, no reason was given. Happily, Expedia found me a decent option near the Infinity -- the Holiday Inn Express -- but I still won't have the ease of being with my family for our family reunion. Thanks for nothing, Infinity.

Don't bother staying here. There are lots of properties in Meriden. Choose one that isn't the Infinity.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Meriden hotels

Meriden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Has changed ownership...now called The Infinity. Is renting out as apartments now but you can still rent as an hotel room but don't expect evenlow end bells and whistles. They do not price match the rates on Hotels.com, had to threaten to cancel and rebook on Hotels.com. This is when it got interesting. The font desk clerk began to barter price with me and still wouldn't match the price. What did we get forour stay? An antiquated room with a kitchenette and 1 small old TV. Was told by the clerk that we had to take a pillow off the bed for our 3 year old daughter and that they had no blankets for her. They did eventually locate one for her. NEXT, don't expect a complimentary dishwasher tab or trial size dish detergent, they no longer give them out. Why you ask? Because its apo. Don't expect a garbage bag in the trash can -- nope, not there. We were staying for 4 nights and housekeeping did come in. What they didn't do was our dishes or clean the sticky, grubby kitch floor.. Doo yourself a huge favor, stay elsewehere

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have stayed here twice while visiting Cheshire. Each time the stay has been nice. A great value for the money! Rooms are spacious and generally clean. Breakfast options typical. Love the fact there is a seperate bedroom/living room. The hotel is quiet and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Beds very comfortable, pillows nice.
The only problem is the cleaning...and not really the general cleaning, but deep cleaning...lots of cob webs near the celing, dusty,dirty carpet where the doors to the bedroom slide, and dirty on the inside "lip" of the dishwasher. Corners in the bathrooms need attention.
I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We moved into Hawthorn Suites when our house sold faster than expected.We ended up staying 3 months.We arrived the same weekend as a new manager and watched the place take on many new ideas. She and her staff made our stay very comfortable . When our new house was finally ready we moved out only to come back the next day due to the freak Oct.storm. It was like coming home again as our welcome made us feel like family. Our room was large, kept very clean, fresh towels everyday and a nice breakfast every day.I want to thank Jenifer and her staff for helping us get through a difficult time. I would not hesitate to recommend this place .Thank you all so much. Wayne and Chris

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, General Manager at The Infinity, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We miss you both during our Wednesday night social, you were great guests! I hope all is well and you have settled in to your new home!

Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have to say that this is an exceptional hotel with all the confort and amenities when away from home. We stayed here initially a few months back and have been back a few times since we have to be in the area quite often. Anyway, this place is really amazing, the rooms are immaculate and very confortable. The reception is wonderful and the staff is really helpful in anyway they can. I have stayed at other places within the area but I have to say that none are comparable to the Hawthorn Suites in Meriden. The location is also great, minutes away from the New Haven area and also in proximity to other points of interest in New England. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
It was a pleasure to see your review, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! I am happy to hear how much you have enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had to attend a conference nearby and was very happy with my choice of properties. The rooms were very large and better than I expected. For the price it is unbelievable since you are getting a little apartment for an incredible price. Where can you get an apartment for this price.. The hot breakfast was great (a lot better than a lot of these hotels) and everything seemed very fresh. In short with it is great location(easy access),friendly staff ,i greatly recommend this property and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very proud of our property and it is always great to hear from our guests. If you return to the Meriden area, please let me know, it will be my pleasure to welcome you back!

Jennifer

Been to The Infinity? Share your experiences!