“NOT a 3 star hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
“NOT a 3 star hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Like other reviewers, I ended up here from the 3-star category on priceline. This is NOT a three star hotel. The hotel and rooms are very worn and dirty. Both the hallway and room carpets were stained (no barefeet!). Also, the bathroom grout and shower drain were gross, and the ceiling tiles were stained. Everything needed replacing. The only positives were the complimentary water bottle and Tazo tea. I would not stay here again and do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I booked this hotel through Priceline. I used the "Name Your Own Price" feature on Priceline, which I have used many times with excellent results. I used this feature to bid on a three star hotel, and obtained a "deal" at this hotel. I immediately went to the tripadvisor website to get some information on the hotel, and was very concerned about the reviews that I read about this hotel. I called Priceline to see if I could change the hotel, but they said they stand behind the ratings/star levels they give hotels. Upon arriving at the hotel, I could see right away that all the reviews on tripadvisor were accurate. The hotel is DIRTY, the rooms are DIRTY, the bedding was DIRTY, and I came home with bedbug bites. DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel staff are very pleasant, but the hotel itself is disgusting. I will NEVER stay at a Sheraton again, and I will never use Priceline again.

South Hadley, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

The Venue for the CT Jazz Festival was great. The appearance of the carpeting in the lobby & rooms was a disgrace.

The "Afterglow Party" for the Festival was a huge disappointment. Food was terrible--chicken was dry & impossible to cut & most of our party was unable to eat it. The band only played 2 hrs (5:30-7:30 p.m.). Not worth it at any price.

• Stayed July 2010
Westchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

We spent a night at this sad little hotel. It was acquired by a new management company in 2003 and "extensively remodeled" at that time. It appears not another nickel was spent on keeping up the place.

We were meeting family members also staying there for a wedding in the area. A block of rooms were reserved for us. We checked in with no problem shortly after 3pm. However, family members were kept waiting for their room to be ready until after 4pm (when we were scheduled to leave for the ceremony at 6pm.) When we left at 5:45, housekeeping was still working rooms on our floor. Housekeeping needs to be better managed.

Our room was supposed to be a no smoking room, but it clearly smelled of smoke upon entry. I noted a cigarette burn on our bedspread. I suggested calling the front desk to be moved, but we (mistakenly) believed the family members would be in a block of rooms all near each other, so we opted to stay. We later learned that our family was scattered throughout the property.

My wife didn't want to walk barefoot anywhere in the room - the carpets were stained & dirty. The bathroom was not clean - there was hair in the tub, and several stained/discolored (mildewy?) ceiling tiles. One of the sliding doors of the closet came off the track when we went to hang our clothes. We noted many other poorly-kept areas of the hotel; hallways with dirty carpets, signs peeling off walls, broken furniture in the lobby. Well, we were here and off to a wedding so we figured we suck it up and deal with it.

So we went to the wedding, came back after midnight and went to bed. In the morning I woke to use the bathroom, and when I returned to bed, I stopped in my tracks when I spotted a bedbug on the bedspread. Stunned and skeeved, I captured it in the complimentary coffee cup, and woke my wife to get the hell out of there. As we walked to the elevator, we saw several room bills (ours included) laid AT the door, not slipped underneath all the way in. This was a HUGE breach of personal privacy and security as each of these bills had the guest's name, home address and phone number on them.

The front desk staff, while polite and helpful in settling our refund seemed to be unsurprised by our story of the bedbug and of the bills. The woman at the desk even stated "Oh I've told him not to do that anymore." This lack of concern disturbs me almost as much as the bedbug itself.

Bottom line - avoid this property at all costs. It is simply not worth the risk, the disappointment or the aggravation.

Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stay in a four points in MA a lot so thought this would be the same caliber. The lobby was newly redone but the rooms and hallways were not. Missing tile and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom and musty smell... the bad stuff... now for the good stuff. After dinner which was good (not exceptional) I asked the front desk for another room. We had a great exchange with the staff and were given a room on the SPG level... funny I am an SPG member but didn't get this upfront (probably not enough stays). This room was MUCH better smelling and better condition. The bed was a little lopsided. When there were no blankets for the pull out the front desk gal brought them up with bananas, inside joke from before and a vogue for my 15 year old daughter. That was SOO nice. The staff made it great but I probably wouldn't stay there again. Price was right.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Northeast Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I wish i had read any reviews before staying here. this hotel is in dire need up remodel, update. old , old , old and musty. i would have found another place to stay had it not been so late at nite. old, stained carped, old sad bed, LOUD old ac units... jus tnot a good time. the only positive was they were nice as could be at front desk.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
4pointsmanager, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, August 28, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to first of all say that we are extremely disapointed that you did not enjoy your most recent stay at the hotel. It is our goal to deliver our guest with a memorable experience as well as quality product that you may enjoy. I am sorry that we let you down. I am happy to announce that our restaurant has recently undergone a seventy thousand dollar rennovation to become on of the most popular and updated sports bar and grills in the city featuring 25 HD flat screen TV's. In the next few months we will be updating our lobby carpet and bedding package. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff service as we only hire the most dedicated hospitality staff that we can find.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our goal to premier hotel in Meriden and we will take your feedback very seriously as we try to achieve this goal.
Woolwich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

From the moment we walked in I was uncomfartable. There was a wedding reception going, or a pre-reception where the guests were having cocktails in the front lobby. I felt very uncomfortable walking through the wedding guests to try to find the elevator to get to our room. Rudeness at best from the front desk. I can't believe the hotel did not have a room set aside before the reception started. We were 4 adults in a room with 2 queen beds. The room is small. We had to call the front and ask for another setting of towels, etc. Which was brought up promtly. Knowing 4 people were going to be in the room it should already be there. The cleanliness of the floors was horrible. The bathroom floor was sticky. The carpeting is stained and felt dirty. No bare feet. The pillows were terrible. The windows were extremely dirty. The bathroom ceiling tiles need to be replaced because of stains. Although the AC works well, the noise it makes keeps you awake all night. And if I hadn't already been awake, I would have needed the wake up call I requested and did not get.
We as a group travel a few times a year with our antique muscle cars. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!