“What a dump” 2 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
“What a dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The place is under renovation...ok. That being said, the rooms are poorly equipped, have suspicious stains on the carpet and have unsafe electrical wiring above the shower. The restaurant had no air conditioning on 95 degree weather so they blew this huge fan on is and ruined my wife's haircut, they also promised ice cream on the menu but we unable to provide it on request. They also ran out of the beer we were drinking. Next time we will spend a little more and stick with nicer places. Also, the randomly placed lamp in the dingy staircase was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Kd77,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. As you mentioned we are undergoing renovations to our guest rooms and public spaces. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Meriden was a good one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mountain Grove, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband work for a company that is contracted by the railroad so he was staying in this hotel. My kids and I drove all the way from MIssouri to spend the week with him and as soon as we stepped in to the hotel i could see problems. The back doors to the hotel did not lock and did not need key card access so anybody could have just walked in, they were doing tons of renovations so we were woke up one morning by the hallway carpet being ripped up, and not even notified by this. There was no mini fridge or microwave in our room so we had to keep a cooler in there and keep adding ice. The only good thing about this hotel was my family and I had a blast in the swimming pool. I will never come to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Jessica F,
We are so sorry that you and your family did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, we are currently undergoing renovations. We hope that you’ll give us another chance and come back to see our new look. Please feel free to contact me at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to discuss this further. We sincerely hope that the rest of your visit to Meriden was a good one.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The place smelled, had huge botchy stains on the carpets and smelled (did I say smelled). It felt dirtier than it probably was.... Housekeeping knocked once and then entered without announcing themselves. Did not see any families or children. The crowd appeared to be mostly male road warrior types (not that that is bad but I was with my family...)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Paul G,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We are in the process of replacing our carpeting and undergoing room renovations. We hope you’ll come back to see our new look. If you would like to discuss your experience with us further, please reach out to our General Manager at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Meriden was a good one.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There is an adjoining sports bar which seems to draw some sketchy people. Perhaps it was only that night we stayed at the hotel. The hotel looks old inside but currently going through some renovations. We were woken up at 3:30AM when our next door guests decided to continue partying and blasted the music. We complained but the hotel management seem to lack the confidence or authority to make them stop. I had to complain twice before anything happened. I will not stay at this hotel or any Four Point hotels ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear dbchin,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Saturday is Latin night at the adjoining sports bar and we do our best to maintain the noise levels as we have many weddings, teams and leisure travelers over the weekend. Please feel free to contact me at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope that the rest of your visit to Meriden was a good one.
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel about 150 days a year for business, and this is THE WORST Four Points I've yet to encounter. Checking in took me 25 minutes because my reservation was lost, and not much sympathy from hotel staff. The building is apparently being renovated, but I havent seen much renovations being done. I am currently on the third floor, directly above the lower roof, and my room smells like smoke.....no thanks to the workers sitting on the roof below my window smoking. My first night was interrupted at 330am by guests checking in who were given the same room as myself. Again....no much sympathy from the staff but a one time "breakfast voucher". Terrible experience and it isn't over yet!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear golfer1jpp,
We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to discuss your check in and room further. As you mentioned, we are in the process of renovating and hope that you’ll come back to see our new look and give us another try on your next trip to Meriden.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am among a number of guests who booked rooms at this property for a Friday, May 18th overnight stay. What a night!

The hotel's sales team booked a couple of live concert events in the two main floor salons (neither of which were equipped with an effective sound barrier). Guests occupying rooms directly above this 'venue', all the way up to the 5th floor got NO sleep the entire night. The blaring music and noisy, drunken guests deprived them of the minimum expectation of a night's sleep.

Fortunately for me and my family, Four Points booked us into a room remote from the blaring music. However, when the elevator doors opened onto the 6th floor, we were immediately repelled by the physical deterioration of the common area. Hall rugs were stained with mildew and damp to the touch. Drywall dust and pieces of drywall were strewn everywhere. I thought to myself surely I'd find some refuge from these eyesores upon entering our room.

It was even worse once inside.

Now I can understand the economic incentive to fill guest rooms with paying guests. THIS room (and I'm guessing most every other room on this 6th floor) was not up to Sheraton occupancy standards. Why in the world would this property's management open these 'under construction' rooms to paying guests? No one's interest was served in doing so.

I hope someone with corporate oversight responsibility actually looked into this. At the very least, property management should have informed prospective guests that the rooms intended for their occupancy were not 'standard' rooms.

The surprise, discomfort and lack of options we experienced makes me question how well Sheraton oversees its properties.

I wish I could post images of our room so each of you could make an independent and informed judgment of whether to trust this property to meet your needs and expectations.

There'll be no future stay for me at this property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear wajs3,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope that the rest of your visit to Meriden was a good one.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just a couple of minutes of I-91. Check in was easy and the person at the desk was friendly enough. My second floor non-smoking room was in the same corridor as other rooms that were smoking ones, so the halls did have a slight smell of smoke. A part of the floor was closed off for construction and it smelled as if some of the workers were smoking as well. Fortunately, the smell did not make it into my room. I found my room to be clean and comfortable. A work colleague that was traveling with me was not as lucky as his room had mold stains, dirty linens, and a broken phone and doorknob. He was told he would be compensated by a free buffet breakfast, however when he tried to redeem his free breakfast, the front desk had no record such an offer was made. The breakfast itself was fine. Hopefully the construction going on will improve the quality of the hotel and will make for a better experience if we stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear embraer,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We are undergoing a renovation and will be refreshing all guest rooms and some of our public spaces. We hope that you’ll come back to see our new rooms and give us another try on your next trip to Meriden. Please feel free to contact me at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to discuss this further.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!