“Good for a night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Buenos Aires
“Good for a night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stoped just for the night here. Big room and comfortable. Just by the highway. Big parking.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, it was OK and reasonable priced.

We had all we needed for the stop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appriciate your comments and are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. We take pride in GUEST SERVICE and offer nothing but the best in all our departments to make sure that our guest leave with a smile. Thank you again for your kind words.
Warm Regards,
Ina (Front Office Manager)

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plainfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on October 27th, which seemed to be a very busy day for the hotel. We were greeted by hotel staff. They seemed competant and friendly. We arrived at our room and it was not clean. They gave us the wrong room by mistake. No worries. Fixed quickly and we were set up in our new room.
The rooms are very nice, clean and large. The bathrooms small and a little dated, but also clean. We had dinner in the bar/restaurant and were not surprised. It was fine. For breakfast I would go to one of the local diners next time. Its a little pricey and not spectacular.
Now let me tell you about the staff: Wonderful!! They did a great job!!
Overall I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator, or you will not get one. Don't let the outside of the hote...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ina G, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments regarding the personal service you received during your visit. I am very proud to be associated with the team here at the FOUR POINTS by SHERATON in MERIDEN, CT. I certainly hope to see you return to us soon. We value our guest and take pride in our Guest Service.

Warm Regards,
Ina G (Front Office Manager)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were given a room that was occupied. We tried numerous times to get in before a very creeped out couple met us at the door. When we asked for a new room, the concierge did not even apologize. He looked annoyed.

The floor at spots. One of my towels had a black spot.

The bed was sunken in.

• Stayed October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Good Points:
- Very good service from the staff
- Free coffee & Tea available in the lobby
- Mini fridge in the room
- Decent connected restaurant

The Not So Good Points:
- When I opened the door to my room I was greeted by the loudest heater / air conditioner I have ever experienced in a hotel. It was so bad that I had to crank up the heat while I went to dinner in the hopes of getting the temp up enough to keep me warm for the night. There is no way I could have slept with the noise.
- They make it very clear its a non-smoking property.. but my room smelled of stale cigarettes and mold
- The rooms are dingy. Some reviewers have commented on the poor cleaning practices of the staff, which I observed as well (my flip flops stuck to the floor in the bathroom). But, the rooms are so old and tired I wonder if its really possible to get them that clean. The bedding, carpet, bathroom floors etc.. seemed very old.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
1,048 helpful votes 1,048 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just another typical Sheraton 4 Points in the USA. Most likely an old hotel that was bought by Sheraton, just like so many of the others. Throw a coat of paint on the walls, change the carpet, put in granite bathroom countertops and nice sinks, new furniture (but not the TV's as they were left behind from 1977), leave the old tubs and everything else and call it a Sheraton 4 Points. That pretty much sums it all up.
If any of you ever get the chance to travel to Asia, you will find all Sheraton chain hotels elegant in every way, and even the lowest level Aloft brand being so nice. Sheraton 4 Points are palaces in the Orient and usually run about $100. Sheraton and Westins and higher up are so very luxurious, you cant imagine and most are around $150. I spent a lot of time over there traveling from country to country and that is how I got hooked on the Sheraton chain and became a Platinum Member. When I arrive at any of the hotels in Asia they ALWAYS upgrade me to a suite without asking, and the Manager takes the time to walk me personally to my room and sends a huge fruit plate to the room.
Then I came back home to the USA and it is disappointing to say the least at a lot of the chains around the USA. They are all seemingly run down in many ways that you would not see anywhere else but the USA. If this particular Meriden hotel was placed in Asia anywhere in its exact condition, there would be no one willing to pay more than $25 a night for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here while dropping our daughter off at college because its a Starwood hotel. As noted in other reviews, this is a tired property --- thin walls, unbelievably noisy air conditioner, weird mildewy smell in the halls, one of the two elevators out of order the three days we were there, etc. At $129/night, a bit overpriced, I think. They gave me a token for "buy one beer, get one free", but they should probably comp guests a free breakfast at least.

As I've noticed at other Sheratons, the staff was unfailingly helpful and cordial.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was the first time I stayed in a hotel with my two young boys (2 and 4) and I was pleasantly surprised. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, right off the highway, as we stopped because our drive was taking longer than anticipated. Checking in, the staff were really nice, offering the boys cookies and taking time to talk to them as well as me. The room was a tad smaller than I would have liked - we had a king with a pull-out, but when the couch was extended it did not leave much room to walk around. My son found a dusty, half-used complimentary bottle of lotion under the bed, which was a little gross. The bathroom could have been a little bigger, it was difficult to stay in there and keep the door open (when giving each kid a bath, I needed to sit on the edge of the tub, with the toilet directly behind me and the door at my back, holding it open with my foot in order to see both kids). The TV was old - remote did not work and the TV was programmed to turn on to a nonexistent channel, which meant static would screech out whenever the power button was pressed. Only had 15-20 channels to choose from, so we opted out of watching anything. We ordered room-service which was good and fast- we had chicken fingers and fries (kids meal) and a chicken quesadilla. The girl who delivered it was very cheerful and sweet to the boys. When we went to sleep I found we were only provided with a pillow for the pull-out couch. The kids had already fallen asleep, so I had to call down and request linens/blankets/pillows in order to go to sleep myself. Albeit the wait for the items wasn't long, it was a pain to dress the bed in the dark with little space to maneuver around. The one pillow brought to me wasn't full-sized - I didn't take it out of the case, but it appeared to be one of the decorative pillows just in a regular-sized case. The other decorative pillow of similar size we had in the room had yellow stains and what looked like a burn in the corner. The floor was a little noisy - apparently a soccer tournament was in town, but everything quieted down by 11:00pm (slightly later than preferred, but still manageable). The indoor pool was small and VERY crowded, so we decided to skip on that. Honestly, the hotel wasn't perfect, but I believe four stars, or even higher when considering the price paid (booked on Hotwire). I would have loved if they offered a continental breakfast, since we just wanted to jump on the road in the morning, but it didn't make or break the stay. The room was clean (aside from previous mentioned slip ups), the beds were comfortable, location convenient and staff pleasant. When staying at a hotel, I'm not expecting perfection, just a good nights sleep which we definitely got. In December, I'll be looking to book here again for our next drive to MA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Meriden? Share your experiences!