Just another typical Sheraton 4 Points in the USA. Most likely an old hotel that was bought by Sheraton, just like so many of the others. Throw a coat of paint on the walls, change the carpet, put in granite bathroom countertops and nice sinks, new furniture (but not the TV's as they were left behind from 1977), leave the old tubs and everything else and call it a Sheraton 4 Points. That pretty much sums it all up.
If any of you ever get the chance to travel to Asia, you will find all Sheraton chain hotels elegant in every way, and even the lowest level Aloft brand being so nice. Sheraton 4 Points are palaces in the Orient and usually run about $100. Sheraton and Westins and higher up are so very luxurious, you cant imagine and most are around $150. I spent a lot of time over there traveling from country to country and that is how I got hooked on the Sheraton chain and became a Platinum Member. When I arrive at any of the hotels in Asia they ALWAYS upgrade me to a suite without asking, and the Manager takes the time to walk me personally to my room and sends a huge fruit plate to the room.
Then I came back home to the USA and it is disappointing to say the least at a lot of the chains around the USA. They are all seemingly run down in many ways that you would not see anywhere else but the USA. If this particular Meriden hotel was placed in Asia anywhere in its exact condition, there would be no one willing to pay more than $25 a night for it.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points Meriden Hotel Meriden
- Four Points Meriden Hotel
- 4 Points Meriden
- Meriden Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Points by Sheraton Meriden is centrally located at the crossroads of Connecticut; we’re in the middle of one of the fastest growing industrial parks in the state. Quinnipiac University, Yale University, Wesleyan University, Gouveia Vineyards, and the Chevrolet (Oakdale) Theater are all a short drive away.Meriden Connecticut is a great place to visit in the summer with Historic Hubbard Park and Mirror Lake close by. Lake Compounce Theme Park is a short drive away offering plenty of family friendly activities including the Anchor Bay Water Park. In the mood for some golf? Check out the nearby TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut.Talk about cozy. Come and relax in our comfortable guest rooms featuring the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Beds, 27” televisions featuring cable, free wireless internet, individual climate control, radio/alarm clock, coffee maker and room service! In addition all guests can enjoy, our Business Center, Free parking, our luxurious, heated indoor pool, exercise room/facilities and our 100% smoke-free environment.Planning a meeting or event? We offer 18 different meeting space venues as well as audio/visual equipment and Technicians!Hang out in our newly-opened Silver City Sports Bar and Grille. Catch the game on one of 14 large or plasma screen TVs. Personal table speakers will make sure you don’t miss a minute of the action. Gather your friends and family and join in the fun while enjoying a tasty treat from the family-friendly menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Four Points Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.