“under new ugh owners” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
Wallingford, Connecticut
“under new ugh owners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

i stayed at the comfort inn i was over charge when i brought it to the attention to the manger who was the one who over charge me she try tell me she didn't i went to the sales manager who had counted my money the next day cleared it and told her she did i was given a free night which did not pay me in full of what i had payed about $25 was still owed to make it worse the manager tried balm it all on the sales manager and put it in the computer that the sales manager messed up and i had a free night for all staff to see to see no perfeshanal at all when i took this all to the owner he did not care because when it happen was as he was transferring owner and he was no technically the owner but he was ok with tell me i could not eat breakfast in my room was ok even thou he was not the owner yet staff was friendly but owner and managers was not friendly at all i will not stay again

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location is excellent as well as the rooms. However, whenever I stay here I find it hard to use the business center computer as an employees or owners kid is on it for hours( often 8 hrs or more) at a time when it supposed to be for the guests use.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I work in Connecticut a lot and when I do I stay at the Meriden Comfort Inn. I fine the employee always helpful and willing to go out of their way to help. The area they are in is central in Connecticut and easy to work from. The hotel is always clean and price better then the other hotels in the area. The new management is trying to improve on what is already is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
cape cod
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 10/10-10/11 while visiting my son at Quinnipiac University. When we arrived there were guests ahead of us trying to check in, apparently the hotel had overbooked and there was a issue with these guests reservation. A woman who I assume was the manager (she was not wearing a uniform or identification badge) was talking to someone very loudly on the phone while pacing the lobby and alternately addressing the guests, As my party entered and started to form a line at the check in desk there was one girl behind the counter who began to check me in and a second girl came to assist (by sitting on the counter and swinging hers legs over to go behind the counter to start checking in my Dad who was traveling with us.) "My girl" quietly admonished her by saying No, don't do that to which the 2nd said," I don't even care" The "manager" who I assume had solved the issue with the previous guests was now, very loudly, welcoming us, I understand she was trying to be kind but it came off a little overbearing and she never once introduced herself as part of the hotel staff. A large man was outside the front door smoking and introduced himself as we entered the hotel as "security for the hotel" He later left with the "manager" arms around each other so I assume he was her boyfriend? (He was back the next morning enjoying the buffet breakfast) The room itself was fine, your standard hotel room. It was clean and adequate in size. The walls and doors could use better soundproofing as you could hear the traffic outside all night as well as hotel doors slamming and voices in the hallway well past midnight. The breakfast buffet was ok, not fantastic, but offered fruit, cold cereal, bagels, toast, pastry, make your own waffles, powdered scrambled eggs and some sausage patties. I don't know that I will stay again but it was ok. It is close to restaurants and about 15-20mins to my sons school...it just didn't leave the best overall impression I guess

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Norwood, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while I was on my way to New York from Boston, MA. I had to reach New York very early in the morning. So, I decided to stay at this hotel which is kind of Half way from my home and half way to New York.

The front desk service was a pleasure to be around and very helpful. Room was neat, clean and comfortable and spacious. If I ever could get chance to stay somewhere in Connecticut then I would definitely think about Comfort Inn & Suites at Meriden CT first.

Overall, It was a very comfortable place to stay. I would definitely will come back again. Thanks for my pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

a quiet hotel , very nice staff that help me out when a personal problem that came up. The room was great and the contenental breakfast was nice with fresh fruits and different types of cereal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was quiet when i was there
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

We got a really good price on a two night stay here, and have no complaints at all. Breakfast was good, room was smallish for three people but good, service was fine (they gave us a room away from the road when we asked). I think in general, all things being equal, we prefer the Hawthorn up the hill, but it was considerably more expensive for the dates we traveled. Housekeeping somehow skipped us between our first and second nights; when we told the desk, they got right to it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!