“"Great hotel and great staff!!!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Freeport, New York
“"Great hotel and great staff!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Pleasant stay and hotel itself is quite, clean and upgraded. Rooms are very large and comfortable. Staffs are very friendly and helping. Everything is in walking distance. We made special request to the cleaning staff to do our room early and it was done within 30 min., the breakfast was up to the standard

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Stuart, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been waiting 35 minutes to get my room situation straightened out between priceline and the desk person. There was a mixup because comfort hotel cancelled my reservation even though Priceline had confirmed the 3 day reservation and charged me for the 3 days.
No king beds, no I apology til the very end,and definitely not customer service etiquette. Waiting room had food all over the carpet and the hall ways smell of mildew. If I hadn't been traveling since. 3am and getting into the room at 6:43 pm I would have looked elsewhere. It is not acceptable to be keep waiting when the hotel has been paid for 3 nights and the hotel is near empty

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here during our family vacation. When I made the reservation, I specifically asked if there was a pool and was told yes, however, upon arrival, we found out there wasn't. Room was decent, clean enough. Close walk to convenience store and liquor store. It served its purpose, however we were upset about the pool as this was our layover between New York and Boston and I wanted the pool so my kids didn't get bored as I knew we would be stuck in the hotel for the evening. This was the night Hurricane Sandy destroyed Lower Manhattan and we had fled from New York. (It won't let me put in the date but it was October 2012).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here as part of a baseball tour. The hotel provides all the basics you need for such type of bus trip, the rooms are adequate and the breakfast is fairly good. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was a comfort inn and lost its franchise becoming executive hotel,now it's again a comfort inn. The service is standard and rooms average. Location is not great,meriden is not a nice community. I'd suggest staying elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Oil City, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent one night here when visiting the Hartford area. The room was large and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The grinder restaurant next door provides a quick, easy to get to meal that we found to be delicious, making the location perfect. If we return to the Hartford area, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Thanks for staying via priceline at this so so hotel. When I checked in I asked if this hotel had guest laundry. They said they did and that they also sold laundry detergent at the front desk. I said good. I went up to my room to watch the golf on TV. The view from the room was an eave. If I looked sideways I could see some view but not much. The room on the 2nd floor was actually at street level. There is a fire station about 1/4 mile away so sirens are going all day long. I separated my dirty laundry and went down stairs to buy a detergent for the laundry. There was a young "boy on the desk" who obviously had no training and had never been in customer relations. He was unshaven looked dirty and totally negative when I said I wanted to buy a packet of detergent. When I told him the ladies who checked me in said they had boxes in the desk area, he said they didn't know what they were talking about. He was so obstinate, I didn't want to argue with the boy.

Sunday morning when I went down for breakfast, the place was mobbed. No place to sit. No eggs No coffee. The Indian Lady who was running the Breakfast said it would be about 20 minutes for the eggs. So I just had sausage and apple juice. I complained to the same young boy who was still at the desk and he said they were booked solid that night. and there was nothing that could be done. My advice is put an experienced manager on duty who knows how to handle a crowd, Room was ok and for that I was happy, because that young boy couldn't handle any complaints. If they are busy don't stay there. at any cost. Comfort INN needs new management and a pool on hot summer days.

Room Tip: anything not facing the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Address: 900 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Meriden
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center 2.5*
The Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center hotel is convenient located at the "Crossroads of Connecticut," offering easy access to Interstate 91 and Interstate 691. This Meriden, CT hotel is minutes away from Hartford, New Haven, Bristol, and Waterbury. Guests of this upscale, moderately priced Meriden, CT hotel will enjoy state-of-the-art amenities and features like; 39 and 42 inch flat-panel LED television. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn And Suites Meriden-Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites Meriden-Hartford Hotel Meriden
Comfort Inn Meriden
Meriden Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.