“Oh my goodness..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Meriden Inn

Meriden Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meriden
Meriden Inn
You added Meriden Inn to your Saves list
1102 E. Main St., Meriden, CT 06450   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
“Oh my goodness..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Hotel had blood all over walls, boyfriend and I were so disgusted that we slept in the car... Save your peanuts and sleep in your car if you have to.. For the sake of your health and well being.. Do not stay at the Meriden.. That is an honest warning.. I would not be surprised if there were roaches of whatever kind living and nesting in the mattresses.. Or walls.. Or carpets.. The room is a walk back in time during the 70s.. But a part of the 70s that your great grandfather wouldn't even want to remember.. The men in world war one who lived in trenches wouldn't bare to live a night at the Meriden.. You've been warned...

• Stayed April 2012

Middletown, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I believe my title says it all.

During a power outage during Tropical Storm Irene I booked a room at this “establishment” because it was the only place I could find with availability. The check-out counter consisted of a guy behind glass with one of those sliding drawers to pass your driver’s license, etc. back and forth -- the kind that they have at gas stations. The hallway smelled of stale urine. My room had two (unmade) beds with mattresses that were about 30 years older than I am. Someone had stuck toilet paper over the peep hole. Speaking of holes, they were all over the walls and someone had stuffed what appeared to be a condom into a hole in the ceiling. After sitting on the bed for five minutes (I know, don’t even ask what possessed me to do such a thing) I started itching frantically. I assume that unmade bed was infested with bedbugs. Needless to say I picked up my stuff and immediately checked out. I went back to my place and sat in the dark with no electricity and it was like being at the Four Seasons.

I would rate this nasty, skeevy place negative 5 stars if I could. Please heed my warning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

fighting in room next door til 5am in morning, smashed car windows in parking lot, food thrown from windows, loud noise, can here people in rooms above

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have been renting a weekly room there since Dec 2010 and there have been cosntant problems with noise in the rooms above. I was on the lowest level. First there was a child running around in wee hrs of the morning and a party in the room above with undesirables in the parking lot screaming to the room window above. Good assistant Manger Susan rectifed the child situation another desk clerk stopped the party.

The real problem lies with the general manager. He is the acting overnite front desk clerk. A couple of nights ago there were people dropping stuff and thumping around in rm 37 the room above mine at 3am very loudly. I called front desk and the general mnger answered and he said he would see what he could do and quieted it down. @ nights later same thing I call him up again at 3am and he said thesame thing. I called me back than said this and the first time I called couple of nights ago was uncessary and said it was just normal people walking around. He then switched me to a smaller top level roon but still nosily. When I handed him the old room key he seemed snappy and snotty with me.

Many gusts that stayhere are inconsiderate. This is a 30 yr old former Econolodge from 70s or early 80s. It has concrete floors with no drywall or soundproofing so you will hear every step above and on your same floor. You cant hear the guests through the walls and motel is basicallyt clean and safe. Susan is good the the General Manger doesnt value his guests and ignornat steer clear

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011 via mobile

Old 70s motel they tried to renovate. I can constantly hear noise from room above noisy inconsiderate people above me. Possibke prostitutes or partiers at times in rear parking lot. Clean but delapidated and noise from above.

• Stayed February 2011
Bristol, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The hotel does look "cracked out". the floor feels like someone threw a carpet over a bumpy concrete floor. The beds weren't comfortable and the bedding had burn marks and rip holes. we were forced to stay there due to a power outtage in the middle of the night and no one else had rooms.
If you need a cheap place to stay, this is a good place, just don't expect the ritz. cleanliness wise, it was clean, just not exactly friendly. I only stayed one night and that was enough for me

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
new haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

was asking about the weekly rates,but she couldn't explain,rather than told me to come over to talk about it.requested to speak with the manager,she said she's busy.won't offering me another times,seems like they don't need Costumer,They think Costumer need Them.Very Dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Meriden Inn? Share your experiences!