“Excellent staff, quiet location!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
Dover, New Jersey
“Excellent staff, quiet location!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel and the staff was very friendly!! The location is nice and quiet. It has a laundry facility section that is convenient for those who stay for a while. The kitchen came in handy at times since we didn't feel like going out in the cold to buy food. It had a dog/pet smell but I think it could be fixed if they would spray some febreeze. My only real complaint is about the towels.Towels were really rough. had to buy a towel at a near by store becuase it was just not usable. So bring a towel when you stay here, I may be staying there frequently (bringing my towel), so if they replace the towels and do use some febreeze I will definetly give then a 5 star review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and we are happy that you find our hotel nice and quiet. I'm thrilled to know that you saw our staff as friendly and accommodating. One of the best features of our hotel is the kitchen, and thank you for pointing on that one. It makes our guests' stay more convenient as they can prepare their own food anytime they want. I apologize with your problem with our towels. I just want to let you know that we now have added Febreeze in our laundry detergents. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bethany, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Room was super clean, beds super comfortable (love that pillow top), great kitchen area so you can save money and eat in. Staff can make or break any stay - the staff here were friendly and always willing to help. Will certainly stay here again.

When traveling in the future, I hope to find other Extended Stay Hotels that meet the standard this one has.

Room Tip: No restaurant but there are near-by eateries,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the positive comments about the hotel and the staff. I'm glad that we met your needs during your stay here in Meriden. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

They have the cheapest mattresses i've ever seen in a hotel. I thought I was sitting on a cardboard box when I went to take my shoes off and relax. Huge indentation marks where past persons have slept and the springs stick into your ribs and sides. I would have gotten a better nights sleep in the bath tub. I won't stay at this hotel again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the bed comfort did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hme@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been here for 8 months and the service is still fantastic, the facility is spotless and is second to none. The management and staff are very professional. We have compared other Hotels in the area to this facility, but in no way do they match up to the standard of excellence of Extended stay America. No need to look anywhere else, believe me, if you need a hotel in this area, this is the place, HANDS DOWN....

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we continue to meet your needs and expectations here at the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Greenfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Clean, neat and cheap; what more do you want.

Stayed here not too long after the latest blizzard. Though still buried in snow, the parking was clear and dry, very important for HP/wheelchair patrons. The wheelchair room I was in had enough room for a change and the roll in shower worked well. I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our property met your needs both inside and outside after the storm. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for 6weeks waiting on my closing. Staff was the best, worked with me on rotating checkout date. Great extended stay. Only thing that would have been better would be a nice mattress. I would stay again if I needed a place.

• Stayed January 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the excellent comments you made about the hotel and staff for your extended stay. It's great to hear that our staff was able to assist you with your check out date. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The property has just been completely remodeled, and very well. Clean, neat, and definitely above expectations. Very courteous staff; warm, friendly and professional. Have stayed before and am looking forward to next time. For the rate, there's no beating ESA in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that all went well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Four Points by Sheraton Meriden

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden? Share your experiences!