“Great stay, great, price, excellent staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
“Great stay, great, price, excellent staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6weeks waiting on my closing. Staff was the best, worked with me on rotating checkout date. Great extended stay. Only thing that would have been better would be a nice mattress. I would stay again if I needed a place.

• Stayed January 2013
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the excellent comments you made about the hotel and staff for your extended stay. It's great to hear that our staff was able to assist you with your check out date. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The property has just been completely remodeled, and very well. Clean, neat, and definitely above expectations. Very courteous staff; warm, friendly and professional. Have stayed before and am looking forward to next time. For the rate, there's no beating ESA in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that all went well. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a warm welcome from Erin upon arriving at the hotel …meaning she actually smiled which seems like a, “sin” at some other local hotels that I have stayed at... So, it was a welcomed change :)

Erin accommodated my request for a room closer to the lobby… which was a customer service style which echoed… with the rest of the staff throughout my stay…

Among the other perks is:

-free parking (plan to pay $20/night at a downtown New Haven hotel)

-free grab-to-go breakfast (hot chocolate, apples, oranges, muffins, and coffee my favorite!)

-ready to use pots, pans, silverware, cups, microwave, and fridge

- located in a small suburban community which provides for a, “home away from home feel”…but still minutes for Interstate 91, close proximity to other amenities, and 20 minutes from New Haven

-rooms were clean and spacious… and I loved the leather recliner!

-biggest perk of all is definitely the free gym access to a local YMCA (cardio, weights, pool, etc…)

Areas of improvement:

-at times I could hear people talking thru the walls but nothing I lost sleep over

Overall, I will be back if afforded the opportunity by my company to return to the Connecticut area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that all went well with our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a medical emergency and feel to the ground on a Saturday. The staff came out and stayed with me until the ambulance came.
The room is just the right size AND I can have my cat stay with me while I am on assignment here.

Room Tip: I asked for a nonsmoking room in my reservation. The staff is very helpful and even offered to chang...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We hope you are feeling better. I'm so pleased to hear that all went well with our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My go to place in Meriden. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and upgrades are constantly being made to keep the hotels on the competitive edge. Only downside during my stay was that the rooms are very sound proof and hallway/nearby room conversations are often audible. During hurricane Sandy, they were very informative and took great precautions. Would definitely recommend again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that my Meriden associates were accomodating. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two and a half weeks. Get location, close to mall, pharmacies, restaurants, groceries, post office, etc.

The service was great, whenever we needed anything they were very prompt and polite.

We booked with booking.com so the value was great.

The sleep quality could have been a little better, there was always someone next door to us banging on the wall. (this happened our entire stay) These same people, around 5pm would be in the halls, laying, sitting, yelling, cussing, and drinking beer. as soon as you would open the door about 15 grown men would scatter into the room next to ours and the one across the hall. the highway is right there as well, so you could hear the trucks and cars at night.

The cleanliness was great. i believe it was renovated recently, which was super nice!

The rooms were a good size, we had two full beds. A table with two chairs, a separate lounging chair, and kitchenette.

One reason our stay was cut short was because we decided to sleep in the other full after that two and half weeks and that morning we woke up there was a small bug in the bed. i called the front desk they quickly came up and both the front desk and maintance confirmed it was a bed bug. we immediately left. Later that day the gm called to tell us that they flipped the whole room and it was the only one found.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not go smoothly. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fchase@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

it is our new favorite place to stay. we come to Connecticut 12 year for a week or 2 to visit family, and we have stayed at Hampton ,Comfort Inn, and found extended Stay America to be the best of all.

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden? Share your experiences!