“will be back :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“will be back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a warm welcome from Erin upon arriving at the hotel …meaning she actually smiled which seems like a, “sin” at some other local hotels that I have stayed at... So, it was a welcomed change :)

Erin accommodated my request for a room closer to the lobby… which was a customer service style which echoed… with the rest of the staff throughout my stay…

Among the other perks is:

-free parking (plan to pay $20/night at a downtown New Haven hotel)

-free grab-to-go breakfast (hot chocolate, apples, oranges, muffins, and coffee my favorite!)

-ready to use pots, pans, silverware, cups, microwave, and fridge

- located in a small suburban community which provides for a, “home away from home feel”…but still minutes for Interstate 91, close proximity to other amenities, and 20 minutes from New Haven

-rooms were clean and spacious… and I loved the leather recliner!

-biggest perk of all is definitely the free gym access to a local YMCA (cardio, weights, pool, etc…)

Areas of improvement:

-at times I could hear people talking thru the walls but nothing I lost sleep over

Overall, I will be back if afforded the opportunity by my company to return to the Connecticut area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that all went well with our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had a medical emergency and feel to the ground on a Saturday. The staff came out and stayed with me until the ambulance came.
The room is just the right size AND I can have my cat stay with me while I am on assignment here.

Room Tip: I asked for a nonsmoking room in my reservation. The staff is very helpful and even offered to chang...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We hope you are feeling better. I'm so pleased to hear that all went well with our associates. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My go to place in Meriden. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and upgrades are constantly being made to keep the hotels on the competitive edge. Only downside during my stay was that the rooms are very sound proof and hallway/nearby room conversations are often audible. During hurricane Sandy, they were very informative and took great precautions. Would definitely recommend again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that my Meriden associates were accomodating. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two and a half weeks. Get location, close to mall, pharmacies, restaurants, groceries, post office, etc.

The service was great, whenever we needed anything they were very prompt and polite.

We booked with booking.com so the value was great.

The sleep quality could have been a little better, there was always someone next door to us banging on the wall. (this happened our entire stay) These same people, around 5pm would be in the halls, laying, sitting, yelling, cussing, and drinking beer. as soon as you would open the door about 15 grown men would scatter into the room next to ours and the one across the hall. the highway is right there as well, so you could hear the trucks and cars at night.

The cleanliness was great. i believe it was renovated recently, which was super nice!

The rooms were a good size, we had two full beds. A table with two chairs, a separate lounging chair, and kitchenette.

One reason our stay was cut short was because we decided to sleep in the other full after that two and half weeks and that morning we woke up there was a small bug in the bed. i called the front desk they quickly came up and both the front desk and maintance confirmed it was a bed bug. we immediately left. Later that day the gm called to tell us that they flipped the whole room and it was the only one found.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not go smoothly. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fchase@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

it is our new favorite place to stay. we come to Connecticut 12 year for a week or 2 to visit family, and we have stayed at Hampton ,Comfort Inn, and found extended Stay America to be the best of all.

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have been staying here for almost 6 months and the service is unprecedented.The management and staff at this hotel bend over backwards to accommodate their guests. If in the event you are dissatisfied with anything, it is corrected in less than 10 minutes. One thing that we found very noticeable is that the staff here cares about their guests. They have established an environment that treats everyone like they are family. You don't see that anywhere.This place has the best rates, staff and is consistently overseen by the most dedicated management team in the business. Anyone who desires to stay at this facility will not be disappointed. This corporation has also renovated the entire Hotel and is now serving a grab and go breakfast as well. If you are looking for a great place that is safe, has great rates and the best service, Extended stay America is it.….
Ron….

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you, and your comments regarding our management and staff, and the environment they create, truly mean a great deal to us. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Meriden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Last trip north to CT, my family and I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton and was disappointed with the outdated and dirty condition of the room. When we came this time, we spent one night at the Four Points Hotel looking to see if there were any changes that the manager said was going to happen. No changes at all. So, the next morning we checked out and decided to try the Extended Stay Hotel on Bee Street. I noticed a difference immediately upon pulling into the parking lot...nicely manicured area with fresh Mums and mulch. Off to a good start I'd say. I entered the building and was pleasantly surprised. Fresh paint, modern look, new carpeting. I was brought into out room and was happy with the room. New carpeting and flooring. New beds, new furnishings, countertops, faucets, flat screen t.v., etc... The stove top, full size refrigerator, and cabinets were older but fully functional. The only faults with the room were really quite minor and could really make a difference in the quality of stay. Could've used paper towels, a dish strainer (no dishwasher), and a small detergent for the kitchen. The queen beds felt as though the sheets and blankets were off of a full size bed...my husband and I wrestled over the sheets during our sleep. Fluffier towels and I'd be a SUPER happy camper.

I was informed that October 15th will be the start of Continental Breakfast. Cool, I will get to enjoy that the final two days of our stay. All-in-all...a great hotel stay; far better than the Four Points by Sheraton and about $25 a night cheaper (even more so when you consider what you save by getting your own food)! I think that Starwood should take a page out of Extended Stay's upgrade book!!!

Room Tip: There is NO swimming pool at this hotel, my iPad would not allow for me to remove the one star ratin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you decided to try our hotel, and that you were so happy with your decision. To learn that the improvements we have just completed have had such an impact, means a great deal to all of us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden? Share your experiences!