“Stay in CT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Meriden
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Stay in CT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Excellent hotel. The staff were wonderful and the hotel was clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the breakfast and the gym. The room was a queen suite and provided the optimal space needed for the boyfriend and I to be alone while the kid was sleeping.

Room Tip: The room was wonderful and on the end towards the emergency exit with a view of the interstate but n...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jericho, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not enough towels when room was cleaned. Garbage not always emptied when room was cleaned. Space was nice and breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice place to stay. Clean, large rooms. Ours had a huge bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen, office area, etc. Just like home but better. 2 flat screen TV s too. The best part about this hotel is the staff. Never met a group that loved their jobs so much! So nice and helpful. The lady that prepares breakfast spotted someone take a handful of bacon with his dirty hands instead of using the tongs so she dumped the whole tray and made fresh! My kind of germaphobe!

• Stayed December 2014
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear JosieQ87,

Thank you so much for your rave review of the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Meriden, CT. I hope you also got to enjoy our delicious supper nights during your stay with us. I'm happy to read that Noemi did the right thing and dumped the rest of the bacon out. We make sure that all of our food handlers have the proper certification to avoid any possible contamination or mishandling of food.

We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Meriden, CT!

Warm regards,

Dunlap, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a handicap accessible suite in August. Added a day earlier arrival on December 16th - was told there was no problem. Upon arrival on the 20th, was told there was no handicap accessible suites available, nor would one be until after the first o fthe year. No adjustments were/have been made, no offer of a separate handicap accessible room for bathroom (shower) access.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Dear Jack & Leita,

I want to start off by apologizing for your recent experience at our hotel. I understand that you had to change your arrival date with us. When we send out email confirmations confirming your room type it is usually for the arrival of that day. We do try to accommodate last minute changes but sometimes we don't have enough room types to accommodate that.

I'm sorry we failed to meet your expectations! I hope you will give us another chance during your next visit to Meriden, CT.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, let's get the important parts of the review out of the way. 1. Stay here - this place is excellent and you will find almost all the comforts of home (minus the annoying relatives). 2. The rooms are VERY CLEAN and the staff keeps the property tidy. 3. The price is more than reasonable for all of the accommodations provided..now go back to point # 1.

My partner and I stayed at the hotel September 26-28th. It was in a central location to visit friends in Meriden and in nearby Wallingford. The hotel is in a pretty good location - a super short drive to food spots, a few different banks, CVS pharmacy, or even a few liquor stores if that's your thing. When we first entered the lobby, we were greeted warmly by an associate at the front desk. The front lobby is very clean and smells excellent....it smells FRESH. The front desk associate presented us with our room keys and a goody bag with water, a large Kit Kat (YES!), chips and a list of the associates who work at the hotel. I found this all to be very pleasant and personable...especially the Kit Kat. During my visit last year to a Double Tree in NYC, they gave me a cookie with NUTS in it and I was horrified given the amount of people with nut allergies in this day (including myself). So to get this Kit Kat, I was literally dancing a jig and felt right at home!

The room was outstanding - large, comfortable bed, lots of SPACE in the room (you're not just inching around the bed to get around) and a pretty awesome bathroom. The left side of the bathroom was literally the most striking thing - the sink, Grohe faucet and large mirror were IMPRESSIVE. The shower with curtain on the right side of the bathroom are pretty standard but that mirror and sink configuration - yes! The kitchenette was basic but nice - we didn't really make much use of this since we were in and out but it was really nice to have the option (along with the laundry services and gym downstairs). Again - all of these things for such a reasonable price was outstanding.

I'll keep it short because I covered the basic points already but STAY HERE - you won't regret it. Also, the bed was nice and comfortable (if you like a soft bed and soft pillows). If you like a firm bed you might be a little out of sorts with this bed as it is super soft. My back was hurting a bit when I woke up because of this softness but I will say that I slept very soundly (actually a little TOO soundly as I woke up after noon). Happy Travels!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you so so SO much for this awesome review. If I were asked to describe our hotel I would probably use your review as a template. We have made a small but welcome change since your last stay. We now serve light supper 3x/Week Mon/Tue/Wed to all of our guests from 5.30pm - 7pm. This is included in your room rate.

I'm really happy to see that all of our hard work is being recognized by seasoned travelers such as yourself. We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Meriden, CT.

Warm regards,

Naugatuck, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

This was a good stay. The breakfast fare was appetizing and satisfying. The bed was comfortable, and internet reliable. The first room reeked of somebody's previous cooking, and we were transferred across the hallway into a better-smelling room. The whole set up was cozy and did have a homely feeling. The only complaint was that there was a very very cold draft coming into the room beneath the air conditioning unit - evidence of an unplugged gap. I had to stick a towel there, which alleviated, but didn't eliminate, the problem. Also, it would be helpful if the front door is automatic-sliding, so one doesn't have to wrestle with a self-closing (swing type) door whilst trying to pull in luggage or take it out. The hallways are spacious and the whole hotel has an agreeable atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alyssa B, Operation's Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and satisfying. I have addressed the draft issue with my maintenance engineer, we do not want our guests to be cold this winter! We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Regards

Alyssa Bernard

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden? Share your experiences!