“Stay in March 2013” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450 (Formerly Candlewood Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Meriden

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Levels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, good value for the inexpensive rate. My only real dissatisfaction was with the front desk staff. Upon check-in, a sign was up at the front desk that the clerk was assisting another guest and would be back in 5 minutes. However, I could hear at least two ladies conversing in Spanish just around the corner of the front desk/office area. I waited several minutes before finally calling out for assistance. A bell rings when you open the door, so they should have known that potentially someone was waiting. Only then did they interrupt their conversation (I do not speak Spanish, but it sounded like casual chatting), and someone came around the corner to check me in. This same scenario was repeated when I came down a short while later to request a second key.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Alyssa B, Operations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Rebecca

Thank you for your recent response. We appreciate you taking time to leave your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and agree that we offer a great value. I would like to offer you my deepest apologies about the service you received from our front desk. Occasionally, it is necessary for the front desk agent to assist the laundry attendant with our laundry located behind the front desk. I am sorry you had to wait so long for service. We will take your experience into consideration going forward. We hope to see you back at the Hawthorn during your next visit.

Thank you again for choosing us as your preferred choice of destination while visiting Meriden –CT.
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I chose Hawthorn Suites because I, urgently, needed a reasonably-priced, pet-friendly hotel with a kitchenette in my suite that would allow me to bring food from home, so that my dog and I could ride out the Blizzard of 2013 safely, rather than risk being at home, losing power for days and being trapped in a freezing cold condo. The Hawthorn was perfect! The room was very comfortable, with a full-sized refrigerator, two-burner stove top, and large microwave. I found everything that I needed to be able to prepare and eat meals, made from fresh ingredients that I brought with me, to prevent them from going rotten at home, if I lost power. The bathroom was fully stocked with the softest, thickest, fluffiest towels and bath linens that I have, ever, found in any hotel, in the USA or abroad, truly. The TV and DVD player in my single, gueen-size suite worked fine, and the exercise room was such a welcome retreat to be able to escape from the worry that the blizzard was causing, and, just, get a workout. When I, finally, sank into bed, the night before the full force of the Blizzard hit us, I gasped with pleasure and appreciation at the sheer sofness and warmth of the most comfortable sheets and pillows that I have, ever, slept on, including my own at home. My dog and I had everything that we needed to be comfortable. Then, as the storm, really, pounded Southeastern Connecticut, the front reception desk staff of this Hawthorn Suites stayed at their posts for more than 30 hours, each, more than a double shift, helping their guests with anything and everything that they could. One of them was, always, there to give guests any supplies they had, as we ran out of them, provide updates on when the parking lot might be plowed, and coordinate efforts to enable us to obtain assistance in extricating our totally snow-buried vehicles. One of them, even, dug guest cars out from under five-foot snow drifts himself, and the other, repeatedly, ran out into the snow-filled parking lot to communicate with the snow plower about freeing our cars and, then, back inside, to mop the wet lobby floor to prevent anyone from falling. They did an amazing job, for which I could not have been more thankful. All of the above cost me a very reasonable nightly room rate, the best of several hotels that I checked on, especially since I had to stay there for four nights. I cannot say enough, but I will end by saying that, if/ when another severe storm threatens my home, I would go to this particular Hawthorn Suites in a heartbeat, and feel great about it! Thank you, Hawthorn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Amit A, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham- Meriden, CT. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Wyndham family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Wyndham group of hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

We look forward to hosting you again at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham!

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden? Share your experiences!