We thought we were going to be happy at the Holiday Inn in Meriden but it just did not happen that way. Our check in was smooth which was great after being on the road for 9 hours during the rain storm.
We proceeded to our suite to find the room to be satisfactory very roomy. We got the kids in bed because it was around 4:30am when we arrived at the Holiday Inn. We slept well no disturbance was to be found
(not until Friday night in which we would surprisingly find out)
We left the hotel later that morning to spend time with family and friends. We returned later in the day after 4pm to find our room with beds not made. There was no housekeeping service to be found which led me to make my own bed for two days while we look at our dirty towels to be picked up after Thanksgiving Day.
Front Desk was called but stated no MOD on duty, no way to reach her stated the front desk clerk. I asked for customer service # the Front Desk clerk put me on hold while she magically was able to locate the MOD after my request of customer service for Holiday Inn. Their explanation why service was missed was due to our checking in at 4am on Wednesday morning the day before Thanksgiving. Service was deemed not needed in their system told to us by MOD. I will leave that there!. Who are they to tell us when we will get service and not especially when it comes to cleaning the bathroom, making the beds, emptying the trash. They wanted to move us to another room a clean room what an inconvenience to ask me to pack up everything with our two kids and move to another room that was clean because they had no one to clean our room as well as reduce our rate by $20 a night.
Long story short, we stayed in the room took the $20 reduction but paid for it on Friday night when our neighbors from the room next to us decided to have a party with their friends. Smoke coming into our room while our two children slept and music pounding thur wall. Called the Front Desk, complained multiple times nothing was done.
We were done. We packed our bags this morning at 3:30am and we left that Hotel from Hell, excuse my language. There is no excuse for Poor staff, and poor mgt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden