We are a family of 5 and stayed for one night in a room with 2 queen beds and a sitting area - the middle tier of rooms. The woman at the check in desk was very friendly and my kids happily helped themselves to a cookie while we checked in. I asked for a quiet room (as I'm a light sleeper) and she made sure that we were in an area with few other guests.
The room itself was gigantic, which was really helpful with the kids. Everything was very clean and fresh looking, no real signs of wear. One nice touch is that the pillows are labeled as soft, medium and firm, so you can find exactly what you like. The beds were *very* comfortable.
We normally stick the three kids in one bed but they were squabbling, so we moved one kid to the pull out couch. If you want to use this, ask for sheets ahead of time as we didn't find any in the room. It was really nice to have the extra space so everyone could sleep comfortably.
We took advantage of the pool in the morning, which was small but warm and perfect for the kids. We also really enjoyed the breakfast area - considering it's not a restaurant, the food was pretty decent. Some things I remember on the buffet: scrambled eggs (obviously microwaved), plenty of bacon, biscuits and gravy, the infamous pancake machine, bagels and muffins, juices, coffee and tea, a fridge with a few kinds of yogurt and hard boiled eggs, cereal and milk, and a bowl of apples to take on the way out. Pretty nice for a free buffet!
All in all, I think this place is a great value - plenty of space, nice staff (did I mention the woman at the buffet? She was super nice to my kids and helped them with the pancake machine - she was just supposed to be cleaning and stocking the buffet but was totally friendly and helpful, how nice!) and solid breakfast. This is our second time staying here when we visit family in Meriden and it's now our favorite place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden