This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, a hotel perfectly located for our recent tours of several New England colleges. What makes most hotels of this brand a good bet is: they always have free Wi-Fi; they usually have two queen size beds; they are usually new or newer-builds; they usually have free parking; they have a free breakfast; and they are reasonably priced.
What made the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meriden spectacular was that they returned some jewelry I had forgotten to pack. After leaving the hotel that morning, my daughter and I were standing with other parents and rising seniors at the Yale tour, when I noticed another mom with a strand of pearls. I raised my hand to my own neck to discover I had forgotten mine at the hotel! I couldn't do anything about it at that moment, since we were in the middle of the college tour.
A short while later, during lunch, my phone rang. It was the hotel manager calling to tell me they had found my pearl necklace and wanted to ship it to me. Needless to say, I was delighted that the housekeeper had 1) found the jewelry and 2) been honest in returning it. And I was pleased they had contacted me so quickly. In fact, the necklace was home before we were!
I'm ashamed to admit, I forgot to leave a tip for the housekeeper that morning; fellow travelers, please remember to leave tips for the housekeepers... they are hard-working and, as my experience shows, honest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden