This hotel is ok of you are just looking to spend the night and go to sleep. Service people are nice but they seem like they are clueless about the area. Again, for the location and the type of hotel, you can't complain since the people are nice, they just don't go above and beyond. The pool is nice, on the small side, and no hot tub. The hotel and rooms are super clean. Breakfast is not the best but it can get you going in the morning. They do have a variety of items, juices, milk, eggs, breads, etc. but they are all a bit like plastic. They have the only automatic pancake making machine I have ever seen. Makes two pancakes at a time. My 5 year old was fascinated by that and I think adults were too, including me. The pancakes did not have any flavor but that was besides the point. There is not much around the hotel. The rooms have a view of the highway or people's backyards. It takes about 10 minutes in either direction to get somewhere decent to eat. The rooms and hotel were very quiet during our stay. We were on the third floor. No refrigerator in the room. If you want one, it costs $10 per day, so that was a big bummer. The rooms are spacious but seem empty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden