We stayed in a king suite on the second floor. The bed was clean and comfortable, had a very spacious living room type area, actually the whole room was very spacious. It had a microwave, mini fridge, extra sink, counter space/cabinet space. The veiw wasn't so hot, it was the back of the Quality Inn haha. Bathroom was very clean too. The staff was very friendly and the best part (for me) was the breakfast! Seriously. They had fresh bacon, eggs (well cooked eggs!), biscuts with the country gravy stuff, juice, pastries, bagels, toast, ceral, fruit, a pancake maker!!..... it was so much and so good! There was coffee, but not so good. We had to make a dunkies run that morning. The pool was small, but clean.
There were a few cons, but they pros definitely outweighed them by far..... The fan in the bathroom was loud, and connected to the light switch, so you couldn't turn it off. I couldn't hear myself think. The a/c in the room was great, but a little loud throughout the night. And I don't know if the people above us were just really elephants in disguise, or if the ceilings are paper thin, but they were clomping around all night. I would suggest getting a 3rd floor (top floor) room. They were up til like midnight! Annoying!
All in all though, we were comfortable and will definitely be back! Oh and if you visit in the spring/summer, I recommended going to visit the Lyman Orchards Farm, about 15mins away. The most fun we had the whole trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express conveniently located off I-91 and Route 15 in central Connecticut. Our richly appointed spacious state-of-the-art guest suites offer free Wi-Fi, wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. The separate living area makes our suites perfect for business travelers, families, or long term assignments. Brand new 32 digital flat screen TVs are just another special touch sure to make your stay enjoyable. If traveling on business our hotel is a short drive to numerous businesses like Northeast Utilities, Aetna, Hartford Convention Center, Bristol Meyers Squibb, and other business parks on Research Parkway In Wallingford. Bradley International, Brainard, and Tweed Airports are also close by. We are situated near Wesleyan and convenient to many prestigious schools and colleges including Yale, Rosemary Choate Hall, Wesleyan, Quninnipiac and Central Connecticut State University to name a few. Leisure travelers have numerous and varied attractions to enjoy. You can catch a live concert at the Chevrolet Theatre, take a roller coaster ride at Lake Compounce, enjoy Broadway style performances at The Bushnell, see where Mark Twain lived and stroll around the botanical gardens of Hubbard park. Nearby shopping malls include Westfarms and Westfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Meriden
- Holiday Inn Express Meriden