“We'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Meriden
Braintree, Massachusetts
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed in a king suite on the second floor. The bed was clean and comfortable, had a very spacious living room type area, actually the whole room was very spacious. It had a microwave, mini fridge, extra sink, counter space/cabinet space. The veiw wasn't so hot, it was the back of the Quality Inn haha. Bathroom was very clean too. The staff was very friendly and the best part (for me) was the breakfast! Seriously. They had fresh bacon, eggs (well cooked eggs!), biscuts with the country gravy stuff, juice, pastries, bagels, toast, ceral, fruit, a pancake maker!!..... it was so much and so good! There was coffee, but not so good. We had to make a dunkies run that morning. The pool was small, but clean.
There were a few cons, but they pros definitely outweighed them by far..... The fan in the bathroom was loud, and connected to the light switch, so you couldn't turn it off. I couldn't hear myself think. The a/c in the room was great, but a little loud throughout the night. And I don't know if the people above us were just really elephants in disguise, or if the ceilings are paper thin, but they were clomping around all night. I would suggest getting a 3rd floor (top floor) room. They were up til like midnight! Annoying!

All in all though, we were comfortable and will definitely be back! Oh and if you visit in the spring/summer, I recommended going to visit the Lyman Orchards Farm, about 15mins away. The most fun we had the whole trip!

Room Tip: Call the hotel itself for the best rate, we ran into pricing issues trying to book online. And the 8...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

At first glance, everything looks good. I was checked in by smiley, friendly associate, given the keys to a room that was not finished being cleaned. Traded those keys in for another room, 3rd floor, overlooking a housing development. At first glance, very impressively LARGE room, clean...couch, nice flat screen TV. I put the air on and the cover control panel came off in my hands, it was not attached on properly. The air cooled down the room but never as cool as I woud have liked it and the A/C unit itself was very, very loud when it came on intermittently all night long. Speaking of night, the pillows were horrible and I have stayed a many hotels with great pillows so I am sick f the bad pillow excuses I have heard.

The clock radio alarm blasted me awake much earlier then I wanted to be blasted awake.
They shoud set the alarms in the off position so I didn't have to wake up to the schedule of
the last person who slept in that room. On last thing, the toliet paper holder was not
properly attached to the wall and kept pulling out. Details folks! You have a beautiful
facility and there should be no need to get these stupid complaints, pay attention to the
details.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lanham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Not sure why any visitor would have any issues with this hotel. It catered to my needs and I was traveling with a toddler and they were super nice. The hotel room was huge and had a sofa bed in it so each person had their own place to rest. Whenever I needed something they were right on top of it. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great. The only negative I have to say about this hotel location is that you have to do a U-turn to get to it on the opposite side of the highway, and some of the guests aren't sensitive to other guests and their wanting to sleep at 1 a.m. in the morning, but that is not the hotel's fault and I quickly told the guests making the noise to stop it, but otherwise no complaints. HIGH KUDOS!! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
meriden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

the day of my event both managers went on vacation, and no one was told that their was going to be a function in the banquet hall, so to no means who ever rented it last ,also left all their dirt , no one cleaned the facility for my venue. Including the bathrooms.

Myself and family had to physically move all the tables and remove the dirty linens and wipe the tables down, then we had to sit there and wait four hours for clean linen.
All of my expectations and what was offered as part of the rental was not met.
Thank god I lived close ,we had to bring in more tables ,due to the poor guy that was working had no clue to where was additional tables within the hotel was, and had no one to ask.
I tried to contact the manager the following monday and spoke with Diana which she took my complaint and promised the manager would return my call.
That day never came , i had to call back at the end of the week, just to be told by Diana that the manager would not accomadate me for the dirty hall and my inconvience.
Please be careful with your credit cards they will bill you without authorization.
communication is really bad no one seems to know the daily schelude and events. No one ever came to check on the accomodations or if i needed anything that was promised, ice,coffe/tea light on in the hallway.
Thank God I arrived 5 hours earlier than paln, if not my mom surprise party would of never happen. Who ever the manager is which i didnt get the pleasure of meeting or speaking to,he is not customer service orient.!!
***************worst expeirence ive had********************
*****still in all , I left the banquet hall cleaner than it was when I walked in********
And i cant get accomodated. bad customer service for this place.
I wouldnt reccommend my enemies to rent there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

It's a fairly new hotel - 2 years old, but it still seems new. The rooms are spacious, and decor and carpeting is nice. My only complaints are that the air didn't seem to work very well (but it was 90's outside), and the location wasn't near very much. I'd definitely stay here again especially with the good deal on hotwire.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
union county, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My family and I stayed at this HI Express for one night recently while attending a wedding in North Haven. The hotel is new and modern in design and very, very clean from the moment you step into the lobby. The room was very large and extremely clean. The front desk staff was friendly.
Although there is nothing noteworthy in the immediate area around the hotel, it was easy to get on the highway. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed here the night of going to a friends wedding a town over, so we wouldn't have a long drive late at night. We needed to check in early as well. The check in was so easy and checking in early wasn't a problem at all. They were sure to have a beautiful room ready for us. We got a king size bed. The rooms were really really nice. Flat screen TV. The condition of the room was near perfection. The rooms were also very large, larger than any other hotel we have ever stayed in. The bed was very comfortable. We even took a dip in the pool in the morning. The breakfast in the morning was a great bonus and actually offered a nice selection for a continental breakfast. This was our first time staying at Holiday Inn and it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden? Share your experiences!