“worst meal I have had in years” 1 of 5 stars

39 Norwich Westerly Rd, Mashantucket, CT 06339
+1 860-312-4090
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
AL Dente Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 24 restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rt 2 and 214
Description: Italian cuisine is a very passionate cuisine that prides itself on cultivating the freshest ingredients to shine through. Our goal at Al Dente is to provide you with that passion and freshness along with excellent, knowledgeable service, from a menu that brings our own unique preparations to some of Italy's classic dishes.
north smithfield
“worst meal I have had in years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our meal last evening at Al Dente in Foxwoods was by far the worst meal I have had in many years. The Ribeye was the quality of steal you find at Bonanza. The bread was hard, the calamari obviously came from a frozen food bag and the Ribeye was awful. we have been better off throwing our $125 into a slot machine and not eaten dinner at all.

I eat at restauraunts all over the country with business associates and when I dine at a so-called fine restaurant, I expect an excellent meal. The service was very good so my tip did not reflect the poor food,. The managewr was walking around but nver stopped at our table or I would have said something. Fudruckers at Foxwoods is a better choice for your money!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
NewYork
“Good Italian Food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were two couples that dined at this restaurant on March 9th, 2013. I ordered brushetta for starter (huge portion and very good) and a Rosemary Chicken Breast as well as Broccoli Rabe. All good Hubby ordered pork chop which he totally enjoyed. Desserts were excellent as well.

Visited March 2013
Salem, NH
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned from Foxwoods and must say this place was the best restaurant for the weekend. In fact one of the best italian resteraunts we have been to, and we have been to many all over.
We had an outstanding waitress, great salads and better dinners.
My wife had the chicken and broccoli dish that she raved about and I had littleneck clams (loaded with clams) in a red fradivalo sauce that the waitress suggested. Great meals.
Every visit to foxwoods will include diner at Al Dente.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockport, Massachusetts
“Charming, Good Service, Nice Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I chose this charming restaurant for our final meal during our stay at Foxwoods. We were greeted with a smile and seated promptly. Our wait staff was thoroughly professional and went out of their way to provide for our every request. Our meal choices consisted of a pasta and bean soup appetizer, Chicken Francese, and Manicotti with a side of meatballs. Two glasses of wine and a shared Creme Brûlée completed our food choices. The appetizers and entrees were excellent. Manicotti had a delightful mix of ricotta and mozzarella. The meatballs contained very little cereal filler. The chicken was incredibly tender. Our only real disappointment was the Creme Brûlée. The sugar coating on top was entirely too thick and had a slightly burned taste to it while the filling was thick and rather bland. Of a greater concern to us was the seating. The chairs used for the tables seemed entirely too short. I am a little over six feet tall and while sitting in the chair, I felt about four inches too short. Truthfully, it was a bit uncomfortable. Fortunately the other side of our table backed up to booth type seating. My wife is a little over five feet tall and that worked fine for her. There is no way she could have used the chair! We'll deduct one star for the seating and our dessert, but our entrees were excellent and there were several additional dessert choices that I suspect might have been tastier. Never the less, for less than eighty dollars for the two of us, we found it quite nice and would gladly dine there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Valentines dinner well spent...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriend for a nice Italian dinner...It was not as romantic as I would have liked but we had an overral great dinner and evening...our waiter was attentive and social with us as was nearby patrons we met..I had the wine which the selection is good. We both had a chicken meal with calamari as an appetizer and creme brulee for dessert. This place is not expensive as others have said. It depends on what you are getting. My meal was $80 and I expected to pay over $100!!! Overrall we had a wonderful experience and cant wait to come back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere