“Dirty and Tire hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Boston
“Dirty and Tire hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here last Thursday had two rooms for the 4 of us for business. I was looking forward to staying on MGM Grand side. Unfortunately the comfort of the rooms was not up to par compared to the MGM Grand Las Vegas. The room had wear marks on the walls and in corners, there was dust and crackers still in the carpeting. The window had hand prints on it and the top sheet had stains. It seemed to me all they had done to clean the room was change the sheets from the prior guests. The comfort of the bedding was terrible and the sheets were rough.
I felt the accommodations were 1 star. They received an extra star from me only for the mere fact at check in the girl was very polite. There was nothing they could do about my dirty room because I was told they were fully booked for the weekend. Both of our rooms had the same tired halfhearted cleanliness.
I love to play blackjack but will seriously think twice about staying the night here. Their rival has better accommodations hands down.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacy M, General Manager at The Fox Tower, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Scubascott1980,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you received exceptional service when you arrived at the hotel.
It is very disappointing to learn that your room was not in a clean or well maintained condition upon your arrival. Being that the MGM Grand at Foxwoods opened in 2008, we are still a relatively new hotel. The beds in the room are the best in the industry, and we frequently have guests who are interested in purchasing them for their homes. I apologize profusely that your room accommodations were not what you expected. We pride ourselves on offering clean, relaxing rooms to our patrons, and your experience is far from acceptable. At the very least, if your room was not cleaned to your satisfaction, we should have sent a member of the leadership Team to inspect and rectify any issues.

I apologize profusely for the negative impression that you were left with. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay. If, in the future, you should decide to give us another opportunity, I would be grateful for the opportunity to personally assist with your stay. Please do me the honor of contacting me directly.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Director of Hotel Operations
Foxwoods Resort Casino
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived January 21,2014
It was just a bit of a storm. Certainly isn't anything I haven't seen before. We came in from Upstate
N.Y.All the casino's closed except a smoking casino. I'm very allergic to smoke. Needless to say
I came home sick for two weeks. We did speak to the shift manager the following day.
I believe her name was Catherin said she was going to give us a free room for the next stay.
We received no email.She needs ALOT more experience. Should have followed through.
She might as well looked right through us knowing she wasn't going to give us anything.
This is definitely not up toMGM standards. She should have made a decision immediately.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Roberta C,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is vital, and I am grateful. This winter has been a particularly brutal one, certainly in Southeast Connecticut. Our roads have been frozen, and unfortunately, travel conditions have, at times, been hazardous. I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy the amenities and options that might have been available during a time when we were not experiencing a weather emergency.
When roads close down, and we receive cancellations, we do our best to condense the most popular areas, so that our guests receive the service that Foxwoods Resort Casino is renowned for.
With regard to Catherin, I have followed up with her. Cathy is an exceptional Manager, and takes service very seriously. I would be shocked to learn that she promised something to one of our guests without following up. In all candor, this would be the first time.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly, so that I may look into this for you. Respecting the anonymity of TripAdvisor, I do not have your full name. I hope that we are able to communicate, and that I am able to transform your most recent memory at Foxwoods.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Director of Hotel Operations
Foxwoods Resort Casino
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com
Cranston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went for a girls weekend to see a concert. Decent service at VIP check in but SO not worth the $28 upgrade amount. Room was $400; probably worth $198 at best. It was clean, decent but cramped for the price and overlooked a roof with HVAC equipment. Was on the 8th floor but still heard music from the club thumping until almost 4am.
Charged us $6 to bring up silverware and did not know what time bingo was over (really?).
Overpriced and not a good value. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go higher than the 8th floor unless you want to hear music thumping from the club all night.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We tested the MGM at Foxwoods for an upcoming tradeshow event.
Every staff member there was friendly and helpful- which usually means they are a happy team.
Unlike a nearby hotel we have used before, they offered us a room well before check in.
We ate at the Juniors for a fast and tasteful lunch, and then went to Cedars Steakout over in the Foxwoods side for dinner, which was also great.
The Spa was worthy of a morning visit and another small center across from the bowling area served us a great but late breakfast.

I return to Foxwoods in April for another event and look to try some of the other special restaurants.

Room Tip: The room on the 11th floor was serviced quickly by elevator and was extremely quiet- The room was o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Goffstown, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been to Foxwoods often, but this was our first stay at the MGM Hotel. All I can say is wow. What a beautiful hotel and room. We stayed on the 20th floor overlooking the hills and the view is very calming. We always self-park and access to the lobby from the garage was so easy compared to the other two Foxwoods Hotels. Speaking of the lobby, it reminds me of hotels in Vegas. We arrived at 11:30am on a Friday and even though check in is at 4:00, our room was available and we were able to check in. The room is very modern with a spa feel to the showered bathroom, nice amenities and bottled water and coffee and teas for the morning. In the future, we will book our Foxwoods room here at the MGM Grand. I cannot say if the price was reasonable since our room was comped.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the hills and a high floor. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Pulled up and the valet seemed frazzled and overworked but once pulled up everything was fine.
I was so glad I got VIP check in because the previous reviews were correct that the general check in line was very very long. I was upgraded to the Producer's Suite. The person checking me in was not very friendly. Once got to the room, room itself was gorgeous. The view of the forest was amazing. The bathroom and soap products were great!

Unfortunately it was only after my stay, and subsequent complaint that I found out all the Producer's Suites are near the elevator. Or at least thats what they told me. I dont understand why they would put these nice rooms in the nosiest area. The walk between MGM and Foxwoods is really long but they do have places to stop in between, including lounge areas and places to grab a snack which was nice. The walk was actually fun you see so many types of people and groups along the way.

Also I did order room service. The prices were reasonable. But i was hit or miss. Some of it was either really good or awful. I did complain and they took what I didnt like off the bill.

Room Tip: If you get Producer's Suite see if you can get farthest from elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great stay at busy mgm in Foxwoods. Quiet room, good room service, valet, bell man.
Will always go back.
It is pricey, but i got discounts for being a frequent flyer. Ha!
I would recommend this hotel any day

• Stayed February 2014

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!