“I love MGM Foxwoods but WAIT until you have a problem.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

Save Saved
You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Mashantucket
North Andover, Massachusetts
“I love MGM Foxwoods but WAIT until you have a problem.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I did have a problem on my last visit 6/16/13 2night stay- they made an error and moved me to another floor, but I didn't request it nor did I actually move to a different room: During Bruins game, the tv did change to the menu and phone flashed white then black, but I was able to get the game back on. I didn't think anything of the tv acting up and after watching the Bruins game Monday night, I was tired from staying up late the night before & went to bed around 11pm. The door was already locked & security bolt on/did that at 6pm. At around 3:20am Tuesday morning, BAM - sounded like a bomb went off, a man got into my room, he broke thru the security lock. Nothing happened, thank goodness. I was half asleep, asked him how he got in & asked him to get out of my room twice. After he left, I called the desk and spoke to a manager. She said that man was coded to that room & that I'd been moved to another room. I said no, I've been in this room since Sunday. She apologized, this has never happened before & offered me a free upgrade to a suite the next time I visited. As I kept talking to her, she then offered me breakfast food comp on my room account plus I could check out 2pm. I spoke to another manager when checking out. I was told an investigation was ongoing & I'd be notified. I called and spoke to very first manager I spoke to about this, about the $100 charge on my account & was told it takes a few days to be removed as pending. I also did tell her that I already booked a 2 night stay next month. Then a few days later, 6/20/13 I received an email from this manager about the upgrade room & she offered a "one night free" upgrade to a suite. She also said that they were investigating & would get back to me. I found the hotel managers name on this tripadvisor website, as she replied to another customer comment, and I emailed her that same day about this. That was a week ago, no response. I waited to post this until today 6/27 as I figured I would hear from the hotel manager by now, considering the type of security problem. I am in the customer service business and I expect the same superior service that I provide to my own customers and a quick response time. The way I feel, this is unacceptable. Toss a few bread crumbs and the problem goes away?? Except for this major security issue, I did have a fun - won on the slots and bingo plus a double rainbow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Stacy M, Manager at The Fox Tower, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear MGMGrander,

I am very disappointed to say that I did not receive any correspondence from you regarding your most upsetting recent stay. The comfort and happiness of my guests is of paramount importance to me. I am thrilled to hear that your other stays at MGM Grand at Foxwoods have been so positive. With much respect to the anonymity policy on TripAdvisor, I would request that you contact me personally. I am very eager to discuss this situation with you. In addition to my email below, please see my direct phone number.
While I would much rather communicate with you via telephone or email, I will say that there was a situation recently that sounds quite similar to what you describe. In that situation, our guests were assisted by two Front Office Shift Managers, where a great deal of time, as well as compensation, were issued. The security issue that you describe is of great concern to us, and this is the only time that I am aware of it taking place.
Please contact me so that we can discuss further. I do hope to have the opportunity to host your stay again soon.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Stacy Morataya-Pilkington
Hotel Manager
SMorataya-Pilkington@Foxwoods.com
860.312.8525

877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
South Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at MGM this past month for a couple of nights. The room was very nice and the bed was really comfortable. (Not that you stay in your room that much but it is nice to have a very comfy bed.) It is alittle away from the rest of the casinos but if you don't mind a little walk to the others than you'll be fine. I love a good cup of coffee in the morning and the only place to get one is Juniors which was okay. Dunkin and Panera are on the other side of the resort also. They should have some other options when it comes to light lunches and such on the MGM side but I did like the casino. And FYI, if you stay on the weekend expect young drunk adults all over the place. They hang at the Shrine and boy they were intoxicated!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room over the Shrine, it's pretty loud
long island, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for one night to go to the spa.
Didn't get to use the pool but it looked beautiful.
We checked in late and were provided with a nice room overlooking the pool on the 14th floor.
We had no issues with the room. It has a fridge which was nice. Shower was nice, bathroom was roomy. Lighting in the room overall could have been better. Bed was very comfy with nice pillows and comforter. We ordered room service for breakfast and they were very fast and the food was good. No problems upon checkout. Overall i would stay here again, wish i could have used the pool, but it was 'liquid sundays' and you had to pay even if you were a guest to use it. Not a fan of that. We booked online awhile ago and got a decent price. The only gripe i had was that the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke even though we had a non smoking room.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is nice. Rooms clean and bathrooms very nice. The pool they boast as a Vegas pool, not like that at all! We waited 1 hour for 2 beers - terrible service! All hotels are linked up so easy access to things. We also waited forever for our bags.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods this past Thurs. and Fri. Anniversary celebration. Our travel mates made special requests of Sue Everts and the hotel staff, and all of their requests were perfectly met. We had a wonderful time! Thanks Sue. You're the best!

New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods. We got upgraded to a suite which I expected would be fantastic. The room was spacious and bed was amazingly comfortable. However the quality of the furniture was surprisingly poor. The dresser edges were worn to the wood and the table had water rings in it. Not a deal breaker by any means but you would expect the furnishings to be updated a bit more often especially if aesthetically poor. Also the front desk charged my card twice so I had to call them back and wait 3 days for the funds to be released. Good for an overnight but a longer stay might be better at the main hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Saugus, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is our second trip to MGM Foxwoods! Both were amazing! My boyfriend and I have a tradition of spending our Birthday nights out somewhere overnight...so February 16th his birthday i booked MGM for the first time..Nervous as we all are about amenities and such, I went on Tripadvisor to read reviews! they were 50/50 who liked it who didnt........I stumbled upon a writer telling about his trip and the special requests that he had..Made possible by the Chef Concierge Susan...I picked up the phone and called Susan..I had told her it was his birthday and if she could help make his day extra special..she assured she could help..Upon arrival we went to the room to find the windows Decorated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE" Plus a small cake and Dipped Strawberries amazing and to top it off she up graded our room!!! top floor comer room WHAT AN AMAZING VIEW .... We had dinner and danced the night away....ONLY to return AGAIN in April for our 2 Year Anniversary!!! SAME special service...So needless to say when my Boss and his wife decided to go to MGM the next week due to the amazing time we had I called Susan!!!! She really topped herself this time ...Their room was upgraded to a suite!! with a cheese and cracker tray & Dipped Strawberries!!!! Window decorations of course..:)
NOW this is the ONLY place we will stay on our special occasions!! It really is amazing there...

Susan really is like a fair god Mother with her Magic Wand!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!