“Probably the best spa I've been to...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Norwich, Connecticut
“Probably the best spa I've been to...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great, clean, new facility.

MIND BLOWING massage experience. Seriously- I felt like a puddle on the table after.

Small outdoor private patio to get a little sun. Room service can be ordered to the pool deck to extend the day.

Offered amenities are ample, including an assortment of juices and trail mix.

Check out their website for deals including 8am and 9am appointments costing $99.

It is my favorite place to take out of town guests or people that are new to spas. It is decadent.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

You wouldn't know you're in a casino by the rooms in this hotel! My husband and I recently visited Foxwoods and stayed at the MGM grand, I'd never been to that part of Foxwoods as we usually stay at the Pequot or Great Cedars. The casino is a little smaller, but that has it's perks. We were there with a large group and it was nice to run into people throughout the night.

The service at the hotel was wonderful! Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We reserved the Producer's Suite and it was well worth the rate. We were on the 20th floor, right next to the elevator but had no problem with noise. The suite was decorated very nicely with a flat screen TV by the bed, and another in the sitting area. The sitting area had a beautiful view of the woods with floor to ceiling windows across the entire room. The bathroom had a large jetted tub, stand up shower, and separate toilet area (which I always appreciate.) It's almost a shame the hotel was in the casino because I was torn between relaxing in our room and getting downstairs to do some gambling.

Just a word to the wise; if you intend to bring your own wine, don't forget a corkscrew! The ones you can get from room service are horrible and will set you back $10, haha.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The MGM Grand is a great hotel with access to all casinos, venues and events within the Foxwood Casino. Our room had a great view, and many amenities. We just walked downstairs to the casino and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tower, high floors have nice views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The MGM Grand is a great place. It is very well appointed and the staff are all very accommodating. The only heads-up would be for older people with walking problems.

The MGM is off to one side of the Foxwoods complex that includes several hotels, many restaurants, and numerous shops. If you are a senior, or have ambulatory issues, it is a very good walk and not one that you may want to do several times a day.

But, the hotel is great, and may be worth the walk. One other side note, there is no pool at the hotel. They have a spa, but it is not complementary for hotel guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had our first stay at MGM Grand Foxwoods about two weeks ago. The hotel is beautiful and we had a great time. But most importantly I'd like to comment on an experience we had that SO impressed me. Upon arriving home after the trip I realized I left my cosmetic bag with almost everything I owned in the hotel room. I didn't think I'd see it again but decided to call the hotel anyway. They connected me with security who informed me that they had the bad and would send it right out to me. And they didn't even ask for payment for the shipping. I received it three days later with a lovely letter. And we forgot to tip the maids! My bad. You don't find that kind of honesty too often.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamden, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rooms not decorated as nice as I expected for a hotel such as this. The furniture was downright ugly!. I also thought the sheets were hard - uggs. The huge soaking jet tub was the biggest hightlight. I was annoyed that check in is 5pm on Sundays. Housekeeping had the nerve to come knocking at 9:30 am. That should never happen especially on a one night stay. I also was annoyed at the resort fee charge. What does that cover - valet parking and two small bottles of water? Can't use the indoor pool without a 15 dollar per person charge - really! They claim it is run by the spa but then the spa is run by the hotel - umm. Will stick with the nice comfy beds over at Mohegan. Tried something new but didn't care for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at The MGM Grand three times now and would recommend to anyone. The casinos are wonderful, Food is terrific and the clubs especially Scorpion Bar are great for singles. A nice skywalk attaches to Foxwoods casino.

Room Tip: Scorpion Bar is great. Mgm is best hotel at Foxwoods, also newest.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!