“Very Good -- Few Problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

Save Saved
You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Mashantucket
New York City, New York
“Very Good -- Few Problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The MGM Grand is a great place. It is very well appointed and the staff are all very accommodating. The only heads-up would be for older people with walking problems.

The MGM is off to one side of the Foxwoods complex that includes several hotels, many restaurants, and numerous shops. If you are a senior, or have ambulatory issues, it is a very good walk and not one that you may want to do several times a day.

But, the hotel is great, and may be worth the walk. One other side note, there is no pool at the hotel. They have a spa, but it is not complementary for hotel guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had our first stay at MGM Grand Foxwoods about two weeks ago. The hotel is beautiful and we had a great time. But most importantly I'd like to comment on an experience we had that SO impressed me. Upon arriving home after the trip I realized I left my cosmetic bag with almost everything I owned in the hotel room. I didn't think I'd see it again but decided to call the hotel anyway. They connected me with security who informed me that they had the bad and would send it right out to me. And they didn't even ask for payment for the shipping. I received it three days later with a lovely letter. And we forgot to tip the maids! My bad. You don't find that kind of honesty too often.

Hamden, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rooms not decorated as nice as I expected for a hotel such as this. The furniture was downright ugly!. I also thought the sheets were hard - uggs. The huge soaking jet tub was the biggest hightlight. I was annoyed that check in is 5pm on Sundays. Housekeeping had the nerve to come knocking at 9:30 am. That should never happen especially on a one night stay. I also was annoyed at the resort fee charge. What does that cover - valet parking and two small bottles of water? Can't use the indoor pool without a 15 dollar per person charge - really! They claim it is run by the spa but then the spa is run by the hotel - umm. Will stick with the nice comfy beds over at Mohegan. Tried something new but didn't care for it.

Westminster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at The MGM Grand three times now and would recommend to anyone. The casinos are wonderful, Food is terrific and the clubs especially Scorpion Bar are great for singles. A nice skywalk attaches to Foxwoods casino.

Room Tip: Scorpion Bar is great. Mgm is best hotel at Foxwoods, also newest.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife & i went to the MGM Foxwoods to celebrate her 70th "BIRTHDAY" It was our first time being there. From the moment of our arrival as we pulled up to the Free Valet Parking at the front entrance and was met by the Gentleman to park our vehicle as he was so pleasant and nice it was a great beginning. The doorman Vince appeared as he took our luggage into the hotel lobby so we could check in at the reservation desk. At the reservation desk we were greeted by Alex who checked us in as i mentioned it was my wife's birthday He said he would give us the perfect room with a picturesque view on the 25th floor. When we entered our room and looked out the hugh window too see the green trees that went on forever. The bathroom was exceptionally large and the shower built for two was amazing.! We freshened up and went down to the Casino and played some Slots until 5.00PM when the Italian Restaurant Alta Strade opened just to the right of the Hotel Elevator's The Pasta was all homemade and the service was exquisite.
Later on that evening after playing some table games we retired to our room and was surprised that a Birthday cake and chocolate's awaited us with a note from Alex wishing my wife a Happy Birthday and us a enjoyable stay. Before we checked out the next morning we went to have breakfast at Junior's and was seated by our waitress Mavareen who was excellent in taking our order and serving us. This surely capped our stay as we said our goodbye's to all the people who made my wife's Birthday one of the best Birthday's ever. Sincerely, Virginia & Howard Adams

Room Tip: Upper floor looking out at the forest & trees.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is our second time staying at MGM and we loved it! I was emailed a deal to stay here for $89 this month and couldn't refuse. Upon checking in (2 hours early without issue) we were told we had been upgraded to a suite for no charge due to low occupancy. We were very pleased because having a jetted tub in the room is what draws us to most hotels we choose, although we cannot afford the splurge on the suites at MGM. We arrived to our room and found a large bathroom with Jacuzzi and stand up shower and separate stall with toilet. The room was grand with a couch and sitting area, king sized bed, and two tvs. The ONLY downside is the rooms were very noisy. I could hear every word from the couple staying next door, each time they turned on the tub, the sink, flushed the toilet, and every noise from the hallway. Despite the noise this hotel is the place to stay and we can't wait to return again.

PS spend the $15/person and head on down to the indoor pool and spa at GSpa!

Wading River NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Upon checkin in for a comp two night stay ,1/20-1/22-2013, we were given a corner room on the 19th floor and were pleasantly surprised. The entire room was framed in floor to ceiling windows with a great view of the entire complex at Foxwoods and the surrounding hills and forests of Conneticut. The amenities were of course the high standards that you would expect from the MGM group. If you plan to go, ask for a corner room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!