“Great hotel with beautiful rooms, beautiful views and amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fox Tower

You added The Fox Tower to your Saves list
The Fox Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Norwich-Westerly Road, Mashantucket, CT 06338 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
“Great hotel with beautiful rooms, beautiful views and amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I stay here quite often because it is really does give the perfect rest and relaxation after a day at the casino. The beds are amazingly comfortable. The rooms are always impeccably clean also which being a germaphobe I appreciate! I also love the fact that they provide a clean comforter because some of these other hotels reuse it and that makes me gag just thinking about it. :-) I even noticed that they have a filter right in the heating vents which I appreciate because clean air is always good especially since there is lots of smoking going on in the casinos. The housekeeping team is superb! I asked for an extra blanket and they had it to me in 2 minutes flat and asked me if there might be anything else I might need. All of that service and he wouldn't take a tip because he was the supervisor. Now you know its good service when someone goes above and beyond and expects nothing in return! Also the view of the miles of endless forest is beautiful if you get that scenic side. You get an amazing view of the sunset! Now here is my secret tip for all of you thinking of going and only require a king bed.. Put in a request for a corner room. The walls are all glass and you get the cool tv that pops up out of the wooden chest at the end of the bed. These rooms are a little smaller but are amazing! The only drawback for this hotel is that it is quite a hike to the main area of Foxwoods like the Grand Cedar and Pequot area. Another tip:If you are going to stay here and want to head to the far other side for Bingo, or race book etc don't do the walk in high heels and get blisters like I did. :) There is a shuttle that runs right outside near Valet parking every 15 minutes and you can hop on and get a free ride to the other end of Foxwoods. Hope this helps! Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Honestly we cannot remember the last time we had this kind of service. From the moment we pulled in, right through the moment we left, the service was impeccable. Each staff member we encountered provided us with top-notch service. If we had to pick a "rose and a thorn" of the trip, rose would be the shows we saw while we were there and the thorn would be the smell of cigarette smoke in the casino areas. We have not one negative comment for the hotel itself or any of the service received. JUST FANTASTIC!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellmore, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

First I have to say that this hotel is beautiful!!! The beds are comfortable and the shower is great.
That said ....at reservations you are charged a $12.99 resort fee. This fee is for two 8 oz bottles of water in your room (woo hoo), in-room coffee maker (every motel or hotel has this) and morning newspaper delivered to your room (never got one and when I inquired about this I was told that you had to request it when you checked in). When we checked in we had a girl who was interning from Johnson and Wales and were never offered the morning paper. I don't blame her. When I pointed out to staff both at the room site and down at the front desk that I had already been charged for the newspaper they did not seem to care. I was told that they have over 800 rooms and cannot deliver papers to all. Well they may have 800 rooms but they did not have 800 occupancy. Also we were instructed to go down to the lobby for the paper and when we did they had a stack of two types of newspapers at the front desk. Which WE had paid for. Very poor policy. Shame on you MGM for nickel and diming for a newspaper.On top of this fee, if you want to try the indoor pool it's another $15 fee.
Also this hotel at Foxwoods is very far away from restaurants and most shops. If I stay at Foxwoods again, would probably choose Grand Pequot or Great Cedar for location reasons. This trip,however, confirmed that I would prefer to stay near or at Mohegan Sun. It's a nicer casino and love their 1/4 penny slots.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The G Spa at the MGM Grand Foxwoods is a wonderful full service spa. I was not staying at the hotel but they have a $25 day pass which allows you to use all of the spa facilities. There is a great workout room with all of the latest equipment that is very spacious. The pool area has comfortable lounges and a large hot tub. I especially like the sauna/steam room area which includes a hot tub with a waterfall. The showers in the locker room are large and have several jets of water spraying at you along with heated towel bars. The staff was pleasant and the towels, drinks and snacks were always thee when you wanted them. I spent a day there over the holidays with my adult daughter who was home on college break. They have a sunrise/sunset treatment special for $99 which includes entry into the spa and one treatment. She loved her facial and enjoyed relaxing for a good part of the day at the facility. We ordered lunch from the room service menu and enjoyed it by the pool. Its a great way to spend a relaxing day and if you are not a gambler, you can go into Mystic or Stonington which are only about 15 minutes away. If you want to treat yourself to a few hours of relaxation in a really nice spa, the G Spa is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at the MGM Grand once again and as usual had a great time. The rooms are clean and well decorated. Location is the most convenient for shows at the MGM Grand Theatre and the nightclub Shrine. There is also a good selection of restaurants.

If you are looking to gamble we prefer the Grand Pequot or Rainmaker, especially for table games. Also these casinos are less smoky and noisy. Still for some reason rooms at the MGM tend to be cheaper and the walk is not too long.

However if you are looking for a little more atmosphere combined with a younger crowd then you are in the right place.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better on weekends club can be loud. Gym is free and features a complete set of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed New Years Day night and the following night for a two day getaway.
MGM Grand is a beautiful property, and the rooms are luxurious. The showers and bathrooms are new, modern, amazing.
Mystic is a quick 10 miles away.
The day spa is $15 on the weekdays. It has a nice lap pool, and sauna.
We tried Shrine. It is really trendy and Vegas-like inside, but it is really overpriced Chinese food.
Overall: the beds are great. It's a really relaxing getaway.

• Stayed January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I traveled to the Foxwoods area recently for business, and given the rather isolated nature of the area, decided that I would stay at the MGM Grand casino hotel rather than a more traditional business hotel (owing primarily to the fact that there were no such hotels in the area).

First off, I should note, that I am not a gambler, so I cannot comment on the gaming facilities at the MGM or the Foxwoods resort. That being said, the hotel itself is a phenomenal property. Check-in was quick and efficient, and my room very luxurious. The European dry bath was also a very nice touch in the spacious bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the work spaces well designed for business. All in all, as a business, rather than a gaming or vacation traveler, I found the hotel excellent.

Additionally, the gym/spa facilities are first rate. I’m sure most are used to the hotel gym being three pieces of outdated equipment and a 15 year old television. The MGM’s gym/spa facilities were simply top notch. It was essentially a miniature version of my health club at home. A few dozen pieces of modern cardio equipment, free and machine weights, and towels and water bottles at the ready throughout the facility. I got a great and refreshing workout here on three occasions during my three day stay. Additionally, the indoor pool/spa area was quiet and restful.

Finally, my interactions with the staff were limited, but I can especially call note to the MGM’s concierge. The only drawback I found of the MGM were the limited hours of the business center. After arrival my assistant emailed me a crucial document that I wanted to have printed out, rather than only accessible on my laptop. While the business center was closed at what I thought was an early hour (although remembering this is not a hotel that caters to business), the concierge immediately offered to print the document and destroy the file. It’s a simple gesture, but one I appreciated.

In the off chance I find myself in this remote part of Connecticut again, I would definitely repeat my stay at the MGM.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Fox Tower? Share your experiences!